Prop store Auction - London - 9th - 11th November, 2021

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Out of my budget but if i did have the funds I would be very tempted to acquire this bit of Palitoy marketing history:cool:

The then Palitoy Brand Manager Geoff Maisey said. "We tried to set up a shoot at Heathrow for Darth Vader to meet the plane bringing in the next big shipment to Palitoy, including the 5 millionth Star Wars figure to arrive in Britain, but we were refused permission on security grounds. Our promotions company was extremely adept at getting the most out of a situation, especially overcoming any obstacles and she somehow managed to get us in the cargo apron area along with Darth Vader!" According to the promotions team; "Geoff Maisey, the brand manager was there and one of our 'actors' was in the Darth Vader costume. We had massive, whole pallets of Star Wars products in the background with DV holding a carton of figures. The photos were taken as close as we could get to one of the huge, secure, main commercial loading bays at Heathrow."

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 15.17.21.png

Palifan

Sith Lord
I never knew this existed and goes some way to seeing how many figures were made in the Uk (well packaged at least), before Palitoy ceased making them.

Really interesting to see and I can imagine that there a few C-3PO focus collectors out there who will be desperate for this one.

Ian

Dad of Luke

Padawan
I'm probably being thick here (I haven't had my morning cup of tea yet😄) but why would that C3PO figure be arriving at Heathrow already packaged up on a Palitoy card? Were they pre-packaged in HK or wherever on Palitoy cards before they arrived here? And if so, what was the Palitoy factory left to do at that time then?!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom