After 40 years it's finally finished!

Palifan

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
Bloody he'll that's awesome! The album looks fantastic.

Thanks for that and there were so many stickers to get to complete this sticker album which is why it took so long to finish it, I just wasn't getting enough pocket money at the time :D

Ian

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Chuffed for you mate. I managed to complete my Return of the Jedi Album Album a few years ago, but only needed a couple.

For me the big one was my Disney Black Cauldron Panini. I got that in 85. My grand parents let me have their penny jar and I got an album and some packets of stickers. I seem to remember they were 12p each and I did not have many. 34 years past and in June 2019 my daughter put the last sticker in the album to complete it.

A labour of love.
DF908813-7E1D-44E4-888A-FE099BE87478.jpeg

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Palifan said:
I know another member on here had the same thing happen to them recently (even though I can't remember who sorry to say ), but after buying this FKS ESB sticker album new in 1980 (or there about), I finally put the last sticker in it today :D

I visited my Father today who forgot that he'd put a couple of letters for me aside that he'd been sent years ago whilst I was living in the US and gave them to me. When I opened them up I was greeted with the sight of a bunch of stickers that I must have sent off for from eBay and getting them back home and checking through my old sticker album I could see I finally had a complete set! I've been trying to finish this run since starting it back in the day and I picked up the missing ones through eBay and some members on here over the years so a big thanks to all of those that helped me out (I know Mark Sublevel was one of the members to help me out so top man once again!).

I know it's a bit rough around the edges with pages that aren't even attached any more but it's from my childhood and it's so nice to know that I put every sticker in there myself.

Ian

:D Nice one mate.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Leemcl said:
Chuffed for you mate. I managed to complete my Return of the Jedi Album Album a few years ago, but only needed a couple.

For me the big one was my Disney Black Cauldron Panini. I got that in 85. My grand parents let me have their penny jar and I got an album and some packets of stickers. I seem to remember they were 12p each and I did not have many. 34 years past and in June 2019 my daughter put the last sticker in the album to complete it.

A labour of love. DF908813-7E1D-44E4-888A-FE099BE87478.jpeg

Well done on completing your Black Cauldron album, there's a blast from the past and it's a great feeling to put that final sticker in after so long! :D

Ian

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I wonder if 40 years is a record for completing a sticker album, congratulations.

I had this album too and looking at these images and doing playground swaps must have subliminally helped ingrain the obsession for Star Wars in our young brains!

x-pack

Grand Master
Well done. I've got a football 86 one I want to complete. Nothing brings back childhood memories quite like stickers

Palifan

Sith Lord
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
I wonder if 40 years is a record for completing a sticker album, congratulations.

I had this album too and looking at these images and doing playground swaps must have subliminally helped ingrain the obsession for Star Wars in our young brains!

Thanks for the all the comments and the strange thing about this sticker album back when it was released is that I don't remember anyone having this in my school at the time, which is why I never had anywhere near a complete album whilst the stickers were bing released. I remember kids in the playground having loads of Star Wars cards and Jedi stickers to swap but really don't remember kids with ESB stickers. Maybe they didn't want to relive the 'I am your father' bit lol!

Thanks again and football stickers were always the big thing in the playground each year and even though I dabbled in them from time to time they just weren't something that I wanted to keep hold of like my SW,ESB and Jedi ones, all the sets of cards and stickers I still have from these films are all from my childhood :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom