8D8 Collection (Kenner production run complete+new pics)

Joe

Grand Master
jaymassive619 said:
That looks awesome Joe!
I love the fact you have kept your focus to just vintage 8D8 stuff and haven't mixed any modern in.
Look forward to seeing how it evolves
Jay

To be honest there are some focus collectors that do this and I think it looks terrible :oops:

What's worse is most just mix it in and don't give it a separate shelf or anything..ugly!

Thanks for the comment Jay, might be a slow moving focus but I do enjoy it!

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Joe said:
jaymassive619 said:
That looks awesome Joe!
I love the fact you have kept your focus to just vintage 8D8 stuff and haven't mixed any modern in.
Jay

To be honest there are some focus collectors that do this and I think it looks terrible :oops:

What's worse is most just mix it in and don't give it a separate shelf or anything..ugly!

Im glad its not just me who thinks modern mixed in with vintage (e.g next to each other on the same shelf) looks nasty :lol:

Jay

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Joe said:
jaymassive619 said:
That looks awesome Joe!
Jay

I would have to agree. I had thought of branching over to modern, but am glad I haven't. There is just so much of it that I feel it would no longer make my focus, very focused. :) The only modern Luke though that I would like to get eventually is the POTF2 Theatre Edition Luke Jedi. Back in '97 I was hoping I would get one. I drove to a cinema in Vegas for each Special Edition and thought my chances were better at getting one that way, but they didn't have them. :(

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Joe said:
weasel said:
Cool collection mate!

I love 8D8 8)

:lol: I knew it ! ;)

Awww ****, you rumbled me! :oops:
I actually am the OTHER 8D8 focus collector, I've secretly been buying up all the 8D8 stuff I can get my hands on, he's just such a great figure I can't get enough! :lol:

Josh

Sith Lord
Jo for someone with a £5 Budget you have expensive tastes my friend :lol: would be a good way to expand on your focus I reckon picking up a few modern things for it..
Meh :!: getting some modern stuff for the focus along the way whilst I am looking for nice vintage stuff keeps it interesting for me anyway :)... thing is even in the modern line there isn't loads of MOC for Dengar anyway and what it does cost to get a heap them and a heap of other modern things is the equivilent of about 2 Vintage MOC :)
I do agree displaying modern and vintage on the same shelf looks a bit fooked though... but whatever floats your boat I guess :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
I am a hell of a haggler mate! :lol: :lol:

I don't think I would have had half the stuff without some good friends and sneaky deals though!

The only modern thing I would consider would be an 8D8 POTF prototype, but definitely not carded!

Josh

Sith Lord
Joe said:
I am a hell of a haggler mate! :lol: :lol:

I don't think I would have had half the stuff without some good friends and sneaky deals though!

The only modern thing I would consider would be an 8D8 POTF prototype, but definitely not carded!

Thats more like it :)

browny

Jedi Master
I really like that 8d8 collection,well done on that mate.

Please could you tell me what the hardest 8d8 that was actually sold in shops is/was?

I always remember him being a peg warmer along with a few of the others?

Thanks stef

Joe

Grand Master
I have no idea what would have been harder to find back in the day really , I guess the answer is none as you said lot's of the ROTJ characters ended up being peg warmers!

I would say along with the LL, the next or even harder to track down MOC would be the PBP trilogo.

It had a PBP back, large trilogo oversized bubble and the figure is packed with the cardboard between the legs just like the baggies.

The bags were shipped over to PBP in spain for packaging and distribution and as such the factory just took the figure out of the bag and onto the card, there are 2 graded and one ungraded that I know of.

Apparently there is an even rarer Spain Tri variant but I can't comment as I have never seen one and I am not very good with PBP/Spanish releases!

Joe

Grand Master
Carl Waterworth said:
Joe, forgive me if you have been asked this, but what made you decide on 8D8 as a focus?

No probs Carl :)

I have been asked before ;) :

Joe said:
Thanks Burnsy!

Ok, all sitting comfortably?

I was born in 1984 so I missed the films BUT inherited the toys from my 10+ years older cousins from both sides of the family, I had all these cool toys but no idea who or what they were, then I read books on the films and the novels and had some idea of who they were!
When I was chucking my ewoks around the garden and squashing them with my AT-AT (who normally snuck up from behind the shed or tree) I wanted to also play inside and have battles with humans and robots!

So 8D8 served as my squad commander/leader of all the stormtroopers I had ( I guess because they were white as he was and he looked scarier)

I thought the stormtroopers were actually robots and the insignia on the back read OIL (check your figures ;) ) - anyway! as I had no name for 8D8 or cardbacks to go by, and he wasn't represented or pictured in any literature I had at the time I nicknames him "the white skinny droid"

And so.......I got an online name and a favourite figure from my childhood!

Seemed like a natural progression as I have always gone by the name whiteskinnydroid on starwars sites and when I wanted to collect again but not get too expensive he was the perfect choice!

:D

Joe

Grand Master
I was made aware of these a few months back, I can just imagine my wife coming home to find me framing them on the walls!! LOL

I think they are quite ugly actually but wow what a piece!!

SNAGGLE

Padawan
Nice focus Joe 8)
Don't know if these are of any interest to you :?: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lili-Ledy-Star-Wars-factory-action-figure-parts-8D8_W0QQitemZ310166553535QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item48375e03bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Seem a fair price :)

Joe

Grand Master
SNAGGLE said:
Nice focus Joe 8)
Don't know if these are of any interest to you :?: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lili-Ledy-Star-Wars-factory-action-figure-parts-8D8_W0QQitemZ310166553535QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item48375e03bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Seem a fair price :)

Hi Snaggle sorry I missed your post! I was tempted but just not interested enough in some more odds and sods :lol: I have been waiting for some bigger things to come up, thanks again though :)

Well the FOTW thread went down so well ( :lol: ) over on RS I figured I would just update you on where I am and add the individual pictures here:

Kenner US/Canadian MOC Run: Complete
Multipacks : Complete

Grant

Sith Lord
:? Joe,

Once again sweet collection. Have had any luck tracking down any pre production items. First etc.

Grant. 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Hopefully if all goes to plan I could have two very big purchases coming up Grant, watch this space! :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom