Your top 5 Star Wars figures?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Ok, chatting to Chris about doing this and Sabre stuck his oar in too. So here it goes...
Like Sabre mentioned, this list would often change and the order is near impossible to get right. The last spot is gonna drive most people insane...

My Top 5

1. Yoda
2. Emperor's Royal Guard
3. Boba Fett
4. Squid Head
[/size]
5. Gamorrean Guard

Honorable mentions - Stormtrooper, Jawa, Amanaman, Yak Face (the legend), Bib Fortuna (unbeatable looks wise), Wicket, Lando Skiff and Leia Boushh (along with Lando Skiff, best accessories)

The last spot could have gone to any of the above.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Love it TFB. All the classics!

I think on the other side of the coin some collectors top 5 will be made up of mostly POTF figs. It's gonna be interesting to see everyone's picks.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Love it TFB. All the classics!

I think on the other side of the coin some collectors top 5 will be made up of mostly POTF figs. It's gonna be interesting to see everyone's picks.

Probably...but for me it's not the figures value or supposed rarity...it comes down to my memories of what I played with as a child.

saber

Jedi Knight
1. Luke Bespin (like some, what I played with as a kid)
2. Boba Fett
3. Luke Hoth
4. Stormtrooper (just look too cool)
5. Luke Farmboy

A mixture for me, some - like Luke Bespin - I specifically remember when I was a kid, others like the Stormtroopers look really nice when you have a few

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
It's a bit hard to differenciate between what I really enjoyed snagging as a collector (Blue Snag, Tri Fett, Yak) which do mean a lot to me, but purely from a fave point of view i'd have to go with....

Death Star Droid
Tri Logo Boba Fett
Luke farmboy
Original Leia
12" Chewbacca (he's just so f****** big!)

PGowdy

Grand Master
saber said:
2. Boba Fett
3. Luke Hoth
5. Luke Farmboy

A mixture for me, some - like Luke Bespin - I specifically remember when I was a kid, others like the Stormtroopers look really nice when you have a few

3 Lukes! Nice. I wonder if anyone's 5 will be made up purely of 1 character (Luke, Liea, Han all doable) or perhaps 5 Ewoks! :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Paul-itoy said:
It's a bit hard to differenciate between what I really enjoyed snagging as a collector (Blue Snag, Tri Fett, Yak) which do mean a lot to me, but purely from a fave point of view i'd have to go with....

Death Star Droid
Tri Logo Boba Fett
Luke farmboy
Original Leia

For a collector, a list made up of favorite buys and one's you loved when you were a kid seems fairly natural to me.
Not sure we can accept a 12incher in this list tho! :lol:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Here's my favourite figures. They're the fairly obvious ones.

Sandperson
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Snowtrooper
Death Star Droid

tigerham

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
saber said:
2. Boba Fett
3. Luke Hoth
5. Luke Farmboy

3 Lukes! Nice. I wonder if anyone's 5 will be made up purely of 1 character (Luke, Liea, Han all doable) or perhaps 5 Ewoks! :lol:

Does this count:

1. POTF Biker Scout
2. Short Nose Biker Scout
3. LL Biker Scout
4. Palitoy Biker Scout
5. Kenner Biker Scout

Ok then:

1. Biker Scout
2. Jawa
3. Jabba... does he count as he's hardly a figure, figurativley speaking? :p
4. Emperors Royal Guard (agree with what Pete said)
5. 8D8, altho don't remember him much as a figure but looks dam evil!

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:lol:
well as my moniker suggests you wont find any rebels in here.
my choices are based on what i thought were cool when i was a kid, another kid i knew went ape for droids and another for bounty hunters and less human type figures.

I always hummed the imperial march while playing.

1.Stormtrooper , no question, the ultimate emblem of star wars for me.
2.Tie fighter pilot, similar but blacker :D
3.AT- AT commander, curved ball but always thought he was cool.
4.Biker scout, yup.
5.Vader or imperial guard -Again a tricky one , as a kid i remeber the vader figure being cool but not carrying of the same level of imposing menace as the guard, and the plastic cloak just didnt look as good.

still got em all, although my childhood imperial guards are wrecked.

Next ships and playsets???

steve

PGowdy

Grand Master
Tigerham - firstly, i saw that coming " 1. Biker Scout 2. Biker Scout 3. Biker..." etc) :lol:
Good "real" list tho. I'm not sure if Jabba counts. Tho he is a "figure" just bigger and he is ****ing awesome. I just naturally discounted Jabba and the Rebo band when doing my list. Otherwise you have to include the Wampa and Rancor, where does it stop?!!! :wink:

Imperial nut - "I always hummed the imperial march while playing." :lol: Imagining a Damien like child humming the Imperial march while destroying imaginary, significantly populated, planets with his toy death star. :lol: :lol:

I was a bit of ROTJ nut when i was a kid. I saw ROTJ at the cinema in Northfields in 83. I used to have most of the figures from Jabba's palace (Jabba, Bib, Weequay, Lando, Boush, G.Gaurd etc) and ended up losing a few of them playing "sarlacc" in the bathroom. I used one of my dad's shoes for a skiff as my parents wouldn't fork out for a real one. Bib Fortuna, Squid Head and Weequay all got flushed down the loo or the sarlacc!
Needless to say, i lost those figures and got in big trouble for blocking the toilet and losing my ("bought with hard earned money!") figures. I was gutted but looking back, it's how they would have wanted to go.

tigerham

Sith Lord
lol, true. It's Ham btw (save ya typin' :wink: )

Don't know if u had a real strange but good feelin' when u knew u were jus about to get a figure... well I did with Jabba, hmm, gotta be careful with my words me thinks!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Spent a bit of time thinking about this one since our discussion and I'm still not definite... but here goes.

1. Luke tatooine
2. Amanaman
3. Boba fett
4. Stormtrooper
5. Yoda

I am also a big fan of the Droids. R5d4 r2d2 and of course the death star droid.

Chris 8)

PGowdy

Grand Master
Nice list Chris. Seems we're getting quite a few repeats now. With a few more of these we'll be able to find out what the forum's top 5 are. Several votes already for Luke Farmboy, Stormtrooper, Jawa and Boba Fett.
Veeeery interesting.

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
PGowdy said:
Paul-itoy said:

Death Star Droid
Tri Logo Boba Fett
Luke farmboy
Original Leia

For a collector, a list made up of favorite buys and one's you loved when you were a kid seems fairly natural to me.
Not sure we can accept a 12incher in this list tho! :lol:

:D

Should've made it clear from the outset then :wink:

Little Chewie then! The first childhood figure I owned, and the only childhood figure I still have left. Still got my initials on his feet too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom