Your favourite underrated figure?

I loved the cards ALMOST as much as the figures.

I would compare the toy figure to the image on the card, to see how accurate the toy was. Most of the time it was pointless, as they were head-to-waist portraits, or airbrushed art. But, sometimes, you'd get a full image, like the X-WING PILOT card.

I also used to encircle the figures I owned with a pen. I stopped the practice as I got older. I wanted to keep the cards as mint as possible. Sadly, the cards would sooner or later get lost, traded or just torn up and thrown out. None of my childhood cards survived, all lost to time.

I did briefly consider keeping the figures sealed, but being so young at the time, I would inevitably rip them open. The Greedo action-figure looked just too good to not be played with.
We all have different appeals , I barely glanced at the cards , I removed the figure and 20 seconds later the card back would be ripped up into several pieces so I can throw it away . I remember buying rotj desert scene boba fett and his card was destroyed before I even got to my dads station wagon . Remember when all large families had a station wagon ?

Walrusbumface

Youngling
We all have different appeals , I barely glanced at the cards , I removed the figure and 20 seconds later the card back would be ripped up into several pieces so I can throw it away . I remember buying rotj desert scene boba fett and his card was destroyed before I even got to my dads station wagon . Remember when all large families had a station wagon ?
My family owned a station wagon, and my brother also got the Tatooine carded Boba Fett (from Toy World) in 1984. He had it for about a week, before a friend managed to sucker him out of it with a figure swap (Nein Nunb & 4-LOM).

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Always liked Logray, with 3 accessories what's not to like. It's also the only MOC I have..oh and no repro staffs to worry about.:) (to my knowledge)
Ree-Yees would be another as I'm quite partial to his gold rifle.

Walrusbumface

Youngling
Always liked Logray, with 3 accessories what's not to like. It's also the only MOC I have..oh and no repro staffs to worry about.:) (to my knowledge)
Ree-Yees would be another as I'm quite partial to his gold rifle.
I like Ree-Yees. A nice figure. The (unusual) gold colour made his weapon look more like a musical instrument.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom