Would you get a signature on a MOC, do you think the signature should reduce the MOC's overall grade?

Leemcl

Jedi Master
I'd never get one signed. But I have purchased one that is signed ( Lando Skiff - Billy Dee Williams ) and I love it much more than a plain Unsigned MOC - and I have a few Lando's !

Ultimately it's going to be up to the individual. Like all things when you sell it, the buyer is going to pick holes....if it's creased, yellow, faded or signed it's worth so very little the buyer is doing you a favour letting you sell it to them....and if your the buyer the creasing is minor, yellow hardly notices, it's only faded in some lights and the signature is brilliant and increases the value.....

My point being it is all subjective.

Always buy what you want at the price you want to pay. Forget about the commercial value as that should be sencondary in my view.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I don't have any signed mocs but in the 90's Jeremy Bullock came to my home town so I asked him to sign my slave one. I wasn't so precious about things in those days and just thought it would be cool but even by today's standards I think I prefer it the way it is.

Attachments

• 20170516_212004.jpg
    20170516_212004.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 373

r5-d4cus

Padawan
In the nineties it wasn't really vintage so not the same argument. My phantom menace vehicle collection was 18 years old when I sold it to a bloke to give to his kids to play with. That was definitely not vintage :D

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'd never get a vintage MOC signed. As for value and desirability it depends more on the respective values of the MOC and the autograph. A Prowse signature is only going to devalue a Vader MOC whereas a Ford signature is much more scarce and I think would enhance the value of a common Han Solo MOC.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
weasel said:
I don't like signatures on cards, for me they are a complete no no. I just wouldn't buy a MOC that had been signed.
Have you lost the football forum?? :lol:

:lol: I do read most of the other threads I just don't post much

Section 8

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
Section 8 said:
Signatures on vintage can **** off. :?

That's a bit harsh isn't it? As I said, it got signed in the 90's when people weren't so precious about things.

Your right and my comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone. I should have put a laughing emote after it as I wasn't being serious. I wouldn't get anything signed these days. Back in the day you could open them so getting one signed back then is no problem. :D

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Your right and my comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone. I should have put a laughing emote after it as I wasn't being serious. I wouldn't get anything signed these days. Back in the day you could open them so getting one signed back then is no problem. :D[/quote said:
Ah right, my misunderstanding but thanks for putting me straight there shagg.

I probably wouldn't have got it signed these days but as a teenager, getting a hero to sign a childhood toy was a pretty special thing.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Section 8 said:
Your right and my comment wasn't aimed at you or anyone. I should have put a laughing emote after it as I wasn't being serious. I wouldn't get anything signed these days. Back in the day you could open them so getting one signed back then is no problem. :D

Ah right, my misunderstanding but thanks for putting me straight there shagg.

I probably wouldn't have got it signed these days but as a teenager, getting a hero to sign a childhood toy was a pretty special thing and I'm happy I did it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I would not have a moc with a signature unless it was so rare so I could not find one without a signature.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom