Will the UK leave the EU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
European countries have better health service than our NHS, mostly because ours is so underfunded. We should stay in EU and steal there healthcare ideas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/expat-health/11384780/Netherlands-tops-health-care-rankings-with-UK-in-14th-place.html

Scott

Padawan
peekaygee73 said:
plantman said:
The immigration thing doesnt bother me at all, i welcome any immigrant who wants to come and work, kick out all of our own deadbeats and we can do a swap :)
This so, so, so many times over. I work in a company which truly is diverse. I'm part of a team which over the years has included people from Greece, India, Pakistan, China, Malaysia, Denmark and the USA just to name a few countries. Hell, we've even got a Lancastrian. In all cases it's not your COO which defines your work ethic.

I'm with BadMotivator on this one. I think the amount by which the EU 'interferes' in our daily lives in a negative way is massively overplayed. However, the thought of a Tory government given free reign to deregulate the UK how they see fit terrifies me. If the day came when Boris (oh how I detest him) and Trump were in power and the UK were not part of the EU... I'd be seriously considering emigrating.
You could always emigrate to Lancashire. I would happily take you to Bury market for Black Puddings or Wigan for pies. :D

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
There are pro's and con's for both

Leaving would allow us to have more control within our own country , however as stated the current government have not a clue how to manage to a budget . The problem will the current set up of the EU is allowing more and more members in , who quiet frankly are on their asses ! Which means all of us have to pay more .

Bottom line we pay more in than we get out , so that has to be a positive for us to leave !

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Grant_C said:
European countries have better health service than our NHS, mostly because ours is so underfunded. We should stay in EU and steal there healthcare ideas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/expat-health/11384780/Netherlands-tops-health-care-rankings-with-UK-in-14th-place.html

On the point of health service , on the financial costs we should be the best , however with the mismanagement it's on its ass !

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
steve obi wan said:
Grant_C said:

On the point of health service , on the financial costs we should be the best , however with the mismanagement it's on its ass !

You're both trusting an article quoted by the Torygraph about the NHS? :shock: no agenda there :lol:

But yes, an NHS that was better funded and managed would clearly be better overall. I've been at the hospital with my wife all weekend and the staff are amazingly good. It's a shame the management and infrastructure isn't better.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Scott said:
peekaygee73 said:
plantman said:
The immigration thing doesnt bother me at all, i welcome any immigrant who wants to come and work, kick out all of our own deadbeats and we can do a swap :)
This so, so, so many times over. I work in a company which truly is diverse. I'm part of a team which over the years has included people from Greece, India, Pakistan, China, Malaysia, Denmark and the USA just to name a few countries. Hell, we've even got a Lancastrian. In all cases it's not your COO which defines your work ethic.

I'm with BadMotivator on this one. I think the amount by which the EU 'interferes' in our daily lives in a negative way is massively overplayed. However, the thought of a Tory government given free reign to deregulate the UK how they see fit terrifies me. If the day came when Boris (oh how I detest him) and Trump were in power and the UK were not part of the EU... I'd be seriously considering emigrating.
You could always emigrate to Lancashire. I would happily take you to Bury market for Black Puddings or Wigan for pies. :D
:lol: :lol: I actually live a couple of miles away from the Lancashire/Yorkshire border. We keep venturing over occasionally (last time was Clitheroe car boot a couple of weeks ago), but you can't beat Yorkshire fish and chips :D :wink:

Scott

Padawan
peekaygee73 said:
Scott said:
peekaygee73 said:

:lol: :lol: I actually live a couple of miles away from the Lancashire/Yorkshire border. We keep venturing over occasionally (last time was Clitheroe car boot a couple of weeks ago), but you can't beat Yorkshire fish and chips :D :wink:
:lol: Did you have time to visit the Castle in Clitheroe? Also near to there is a great pub called the Freemasons.
http://www.freemasonsatwiswell.com/posts/cat/awards.
Food is very good but on the expensive side, but you have no obligation to eat. :wink:

plantman

Sith Lord
although any promotional information to leave or stay is biased i found this exit video interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0&feature=youtu.be

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Following recent scare mongering (true or not) I think much like the Scottish Independence vote recently, people will be too scared of change to vote for out. Especially with maniacs like Farage and Johnson backing the campaign and calling people Nazi's. Might appeal to the jobless EDL supporters, but I think it will only encourage most sensible people to vote in.

plantman

Sith Lord
it would be interesting to see if anyone on here had any facts about staying in or out, but that video does highlight that we know nothing about the people running the EU nor can we vote them in or out, or force any changes we want. Pretty scary realy, how are we supposed to vte on something we really dont know about.

forget about farage and his trash, do any of us know 100% reasons to stay or go? thats probably how the government want it so we stay with the safe bet and follow our governments, this is one of the biggest votes we have to make in years and ive asked around our office and not one person knows anything about the EU and why we are better off in or out.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
If we choose to stay in and Turkey joins the EU as they are currently negotiating to, the EU will have a border with Syria.
Quite frankly that scares the **** out of me.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
If we choose to stay in and Turkey joins the EU as they are currently negotiating to, the EU will have a border with Syria.
Quite frankly that scares the **** out of me.

But the border exists whether Turkey are in the EU or not.

Turkey is 100% in, the Greece refugee bailout makes it a certainty.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Yeah but Turkey isn't part if shengen which it will be once it's in.
It also has a dreadful human rights record which the EU will turn a blind eye to.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I hope that turkey will never join EU and if they do I hope Denmark will leave the EU.

I am not a racist but we have big problems with muslims in denmark and if turkey join the EU and shengen then we will have a lot more muslims in denmark and much bigger problems.

Section 8

Sith Lord
The biggest myth for the out campaign is immigration. To think that immigration will somehow cease once out is ridiculous. Any Turks who wish to have the upheaval of moving their family to the UK can do so now without membership. To think such a life decision will be made easier by being a member of the EU is not taking into consideration what they have to go through. Just like the day Bulgaria joined the EU and the hoards expected to arrive in their millions. A reporter at the airport saw one Bulgarian entering the UK. :D

As for not having a say in the EU. I recently read (NOT IN A NEWSPAPER) that around 95% of the EU laws that are imposed on the UK and other EU countries were voted for by the UK. If the EU "controls our country" with it's silly laws then these are laws our own government backs and wants.

Any troubles the UK has is down to our own failing governments and not the EU membership. When immigration was highest under the last labour government unemployment was at it's lowest. This shows it's not johnny foreigner who takes your jobs, it's cuts, austerity and government controlled unemployment. The more unemployed, the cheaper and more desperate the work force is. The cheaper and more desperate the work force is, the easier it is to control. The easier it is to control, the more money you can make out of them.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well today's the day, just got back from voting. If you're still unsure, check out this video:

https://www.facebook.com/skynews/videos/1378170128864247/

It's a shame we don't get a vote to cut off benefit payments to lazy, racist morons like the woman in this clip.

plantman

Sith Lord
ive voted out but nothing to d with immigrants, im purely not into a dictatorship by that arrogant twat juncker, if i cant vote them in or out, we have no real say in what rules they impose, we will have a disbanded NHS and be on the euro in 5 years...**** that.

Then after that we should get rid of benefits for deadbeats, filter migration to allow people in that want to come here care/share and work and we will be in a happy place.

With the tory twat and his offshore accounts and big EU pension and payouts we will never get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom