Why offer more then the asking price?

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Twice this has happened now. Someone has put a best offer in that's more then the asking price. What on earth are they trying to do? Test my honesty or just bloody stupid time wasters. I give up latest one has only been a member of 3 weeks no feedback so have my suspicions.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
People are getting mixed up with the different make an offer options -
One you can set the price but take offers that are less - the option we are all used to using
The other is more like a traditional ebay auction but has the option for the buyer to put in a higher offer in the hope the seller accepts and ends auction early.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
db94 said:
One you can set the price but take offers that are less - the option we are all used to using
The other is more like a traditional ebay auction but has the option for the buyer to put in a higher offer in the hope the seller accepts and ends auction early.

Fair enough, think they would notice the buy it now though oh well takes all sorts.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
db94 said:
Yep, it's definitely this.

You can't help some people - take their money and run! :lol:

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Noticed it a few times myself, however it could also be someone that knows you and is happy to offer you a fairer price. Its a funny world isn't it. :lol:

gammoguard

Padawan
Had the same too - I think it's more that they want your item so much that if they offer above the starting price you'll accept and end the auction straight away as opposed to them putting in a bid at the starting price and risk getting into a bidding war & losing out. All depends on how bad somebody wants your item I suppose

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
gammoguard said:
Had the same too - I think it's more that they want your item so much that if they offer above the starting price you'll accept and end the auction straight away as opposed to them putting in a bid at the starting price and risk getting into a bidding war & losing out. All depends on how bad somebody wants your item I suppose

Agree

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom