why did palitoy drop the logo on rotj cards?

spoons

Grand Master
palitoyjunky said:
So why do I think the black and white logo appeared during the early Jedi era :?:

That's on the Scout Walker so did appear around then. It's previously been said on here that the Palitoy logo was dropped as it was very British - red, white and blue and going to a B&W logo makes sense as it was less country specific

Action Man kept the red,white and blue logo til the end but that was aimed solely at the UK

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
spoons said:
palitoyjunky said:
So why do I think the black and white logo appeared during the early Jedi era :?:

That's on the Scout Walker so did appear around then. It's previously been said on here that the Palitoy logo was dropped as it was very British - red, white and blue and going to a B&W logo makes sense as it was less country specific

Action Man kept the red,white and blue logo til the end but that was aimed solely at the UK

Ah that is interesting, a less patriotic logo :!:

spoons

Grand Master
I was at a Q&A session with a Palitoy marketing man and a couple of designers yesterday , at an Action Man 50th birthday bash - I should have asked the question!

I'll see if I can find out after the fact

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
At the time I thought that Palitoy had dissappeared, except for mailaway offers. I hadn't noticed the non-logo cards and assumed everything was Kenner who started to seem more prominent.

So, when the Trilogos started around the time of the second ROTJ wave, were they in a minority in the UK? When I think of that second wave, I think of the Kenner 77s more than Trilogo. My memory of the Tri's taking over in earnest was around the last 17 time.

spoons

Grand Master
How's this for a definitive answer - straight from the ESB/ROTJ Star Wars brand manager's mouth (via Bob Brechin chief designer)

The Palitoy logo was dropped to make the inventory more international. We moved to a smaller b/w logo, but mainly just co name and address details.I think the other European countries did the same thing.

Jez

Sith Lord
spoons said:
How's this for a definitive answer - straight from the ESB/ROTJ Star Wars brand manager's mouth (via Bob Brechin chief designer)

The Palitoy logo was dropped to make the inventory more international. We moved to a smaller b/w logo, but mainly just co name and address details.I think the other European countries did the same thing.

That's all i need.
Plus it was around the time of the Falklands Conflict, lose the GB flag guys, lose the GB flag. I think there must have been an element of that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom