Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

plantman said:
Though i may as well introduce myself now that ive got a few posts going.

Names Andy
Live in South Yorkshire
Got a super partner, 1 child, and 1 due in 3 weeks
Im an IT analyst for a construction firm

Been a star wars collector for a fair few years..i go through silly phases of collecting, selling...then collecting again.
Starting a boba collection..and seem to want lili ledy stuff at the moment, got a burgundy squid and boba as my favourites.

So Hi :mrgreen:

Hi Andy welcome,

Im Paul i have 3 wonderful girls 6,7 months and 27(wife) i trade under the name leahs_toys on ebay

and have recently started a snaggletooth focus!

Cheers

Paul

plantman

Sith Lord
Hi Paul,

I think we may have traded on ebay (as with most people on here)

Ive recently sold all my snaggletooths to fund a boba focus!

Nice to hear from you..and all the other who have welcomed me on here.

Andy

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Name: Rob
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Carlisle, NW
Kids: 3
Pets: 2 Moggs and a snake
Collecting Focus: Recarding/Customs/Loose Figures/POTF Coins

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Thanks Spoons :)

A little about me ...

i collected back in the early 90s but took a break from it as we had 3 children, over the years i sold a lot of my collection off but i did keep 32 carded figures and a few other things, recently my eldest lad (15) came across my carded figures and was very impressed with them (i had forgot all about star wars stuff lol), anyway we decided to collect a bit again although not on the scale i used to.

My main interest at the moment is doing my own recards as itll be much cheaper to make my collection that way, i have purchased scans from the original proofs of some of the figures. I have also bought one of those repro rocket firing boba fetts to recard as well as the Dianoga trash monster etc, i am not intending to pass these on as real to anyone either before you ask ;)

So at the moment Star Wars is my hobby again :)

spoons

Grand Master
Good to hear Rob

My kids are a bit younger than yours but have got the Star Wars bug too, although my son seems to be favouring Batman :roll:

No-one has a problem with re-cards here, just as long as you don't turn around in 6 months time and flog them as originals - as has been known :wink:

You should post some pics of your work

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Haha no im not that kind of person m8, i just want to make nice recards and have some fun along the way, some will be customs like a blue snag card or dianoga/rocket firing fett/holographic fett etc and some foreign ones, im not really interested in selling them but i might put one on ebay now and then, im just waiting for toner and a reset chip arriving for my laser and some cardstock ive ordered then ill do some test prints and show you the results :)

p.s.

As a precaution i will be adding a watermark somewhere on the cards so they cannot be used as real ones.

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Hi Burnsy, thanks m8 :)

Yeh i like bootlegs, im hoping to get more and make cards for them, i seen yours in the other post - very nice - you should look into getting them back on cards ;)

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Hi Rob welcome to the forum!

If you’re into making re-cards it always worth adding the word reproduction to the card. That way if they fall into the wrong hands then no damage will be done. Especially if you plan to sell on eBay even if you advertise it as a recard there is nothing stopping your buyer selling as an original afterwards this happens all the time (many of the scammers cant actually make the recards and just buy them to resell). The reproduction marking totally eradicates this problem.

Cheers Jay

Cobra_UK

Jedi Knight
Thanks for the welcome jay/Weasel :)

That is the plan Jay, the watermark will read reproduction, i know how they work on ebay ive had it done to me before so no worries there mate, ill show you one once my laser printer is sorted (bought it 2nd hand - done one test print and it ran out of magenta toner would you believe lol).

lee gray

Sith Lord
welcome rangers jedi I never knew you were leahs toys

Hi cobra Rob welcome to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom