Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
mjaelk said:
hello fellow imperials and rebels...
my name is Mattias (mjaelk)
i am from sweden and in my 40s.
we dont have a site like this or rebelscum in sweden, though there are quite a few fans here.
thats why i have been looking for some information here in the last year or two.
i started my star wars journey around 83/84 and got totally into this magic world.
i dont know how many times i have seen the original trilogy, but i suspect it is nearer 1000 times than 500, without exagerating :)
i did not play nice with my toys all the time, so i have lost many things.
my original falcon is only a shell, but by all gods i have had fun with it.
i never fully left my interest but, as happens, other things got in the way.
but it always comes back to me.
a few of my better childhood toys left is: stormie luke, solo carbonite and r2d2 pop up...beaten up and without any accessories.
bought some common figures a few years back, and a few cheaper mocs 2019/20.
in sweden we mostly got palitoy and tri logo, and then potf cards, so those are the most nostalgic to me.
since i am not wealthy in the least, i will focus on the mocs that are affordable when i stumble upon them.
i dont mind if they are a little bit beaten up, its still nice to see them.
the harder figures will have to be loose, with or without weapons etc.
it is a lovely, if at times frustrating, hobby :)
hope you are all well and have a good evening.

Hi Mattias welcome to the forum. Funny you had potf moc in sweden. I never saw them in denmark. In denmark it was mostly palitoy, tri-logo and kenner. But we also had a little meccano, canadian kenner and clipper :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Pinewood 1976 said:
Hello everyone

Glad to have found this place.

Older fan from the days when I used to see neighbours mixing up their Star Wars and Smurfs figurines in their front window.

Hi pinewood 1976 welcome to the forum :D

mjaelk

Youngling
pomse...i dont remember there being a lot of potf cards, but i had at least one coin.
dont remember which...could be ev9d9 or b-wing pilot.
some of the cards blur in my mind.
but like i wrote before we had lots of tri and palitoy and i suspect quite a few were kenner cards to.
im almost certain my solo carbonite was trilogo.
now i have him on potf at least :):):)
card is a little banged up and there is a 2cm lift, but i got it for about 160 pounds and better cards seemed to go for about 600 and up.
also the figure with block loose seems to go for almost the same, or even more.
a nice evening to all in counties far far(or in the case of denmark ,not so far)away :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
mjaelk said:
pomse...i dont remember there being a lot of potf cards, but i had at least one coin.
dont remember which...could be ev9d9 or b-wing pilot.
some of the cards blur in my mind.
but like i wrote before we had lots of tri and palitoy and i suspect quite a few were kenner cards to.
im almost certain my solo carbonite was trilogo.
now i have him on potf at least :):):)
card is a little banged up and there is a 2cm lift, but i got it for about 160 pounds and better cards seemed to go for about 600 and up.
also the figure with block loose seems to go for almost the same, or even more.
a nice evening to all in counties far far(or in the case of denmark ,not so far)away :)

Thanks mate :D and congratulations with your solo moc, sounds like it was a very good price :D

Maybe you like this old thread about swedish star wars toy follow the link :wink: https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10806&hilit=swedish

Noe

Youngling
Hello Forum. Well i am joining as have been a huge star wars fan since a kid and have had and still have many items even though i have lived all over the world. Shipping all of my items, including home items, between countries becomes more of a headache.

I am originally from the Uk (London) though moved to Japan then to Germany then back to London then to Hong Kong then Japan then Singapore then Japan then France then Japan then Thailand then Miami, Usa then Japan then Zurich Switzerland then London. I am now in London BUT decided to return to Japan end of August.

Above may sound good but i can assure you moving this much is costly, tiring and emotionally draining. Add to that my wife and I never now feel comfortable anywhere we live and have especially struggled with London. If only i could traverse the galaxy in an FTL space craft i'd be happy - maybe.

I am big sci-fi fan and especially reading - i really do enjoy the Peter Hamilton books such as the void series, fallen dragon etc etc and the latest Salvation sequence

And the reason i joined up is as i will post up some requests on recommending selling my real size Jawa i bought in 2001. I bought this in Shinjuku, Tokyo at a store that was dedicated to collectables of that period (kind of like monster store in tokyo). I paid around JPY 100,000 for it then as it was an impulse buy - basically it hand made by the store as a prop for their display along with an R2-D2 that they wouldn't sell. I have had the Jawa ever since.

Now that i am shifting again i just cannot move everything again and along with selling many personal furniture items I have decided to pass on the Jawa. Only other items have remaining are figurings (kenner figures) and the original AT-AT .... that is ok condition except after the last move i had to glue some broken parts sadly

So that is my introduction - a little sad but i was pointed to here by a neighbour who sees the Jawa every day as i have displayed in an open window for the world to see (that walks past our apartment!)

I will be back and post it over the weekend in the correct thread ....... but this is an intro from me noe!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hello Forum. Well i am joining as have been a huge star wars fan since a kid and have had and still have many items even though i have lived all over the world. Shipping all of my items, including home items, between countries becomes more of a headache.

I am originally from the Uk (London) though moved to Japan then to Germany then back to London then to Hong Kong then Japan then Singapore then Japan then France then Japan then Thailand then Miami, Usa then Japan then Zurich Switzerland then London. I am now in London BUT decided to return to Japan end of August.

Above may sound good but i can assure you moving this much is costly, tiring and emotionally draining. Add to that my wife and I never now feel comfortable anywhere we live and have especially struggled with London. If only i could traverse the galaxy in an FTL space craft i'd be happy - maybe.

I am big sci-fi fan and especially reading - i really do enjoy the Peter Hamilton books such as the void series, fallen dragon etc etc and the latest Salvation sequence

And the reason i joined up is as i will post up some requests on recommending selling my real size Jawa i bought in 2001. I bought this in Shinjuku, Tokyo at a store that was dedicated to collectables of that period (kind of like monster store in tokyo). I paid around JPY 100,000 for it then as it was an impulse buy - basically it hand made by the store as a prop for their display along with an R2-D2 that they wouldn't sell. I have had the Jawa ever since.

Now that i am shifting again i just cannot move everything again and along with selling many personal furniture items I have decided to pass on the Jawa. Only other items have remaining are figurings (kenner figures) and the original AT-AT .... that is ok condition except after the last move i had to glue some broken parts sadly

So that is my introduction - a little sad but i was pointed to here by a neighbour who sees the Jawa every day as i have displayed in an open window for the world to see (that walks past our apartment!)

I will be back and post it over the weekend in the correct thread ....... but this is an intro from me noe!

Welcome to the forum, wow that was a lot of moving. I could never move that much. I like to live here in denmark and I have never lived in another town 😀 Maybe you can find a good home for your jawa here on the forum. I know we have some huge jawa collectors here on the forum. You can take some pictures of it and add them in the sales thread and write a price that you want for it. I wish you good luck here on the forum and with the sale :) Also sorry to read about the damaged star wars toy. I guess that is what sometimes happens when you do not move it yourself all they way. But I guess that is very difficult when you move to another country.

Reactions: Noe

Noe

Youngling
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes i will ask if anyone is interested in taking over the continuation of the Jawa and posted photos over weekend - or later today

Moving always has its breakages and sadly even the professional packers still break things and unless the cost of the item is high they fall below the deductible that is usually USD/EUR 500 ...... always a pain

Enjoy the afternoon in Denmark - hopefully summer has arrived as apparently it has been slow arriving in Europe this year!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes i will ask if anyone is interested in taking over the continuation of the Jawa and posted photos over weekend - or later today

Moving always has its breakages and sadly even the professional packers still break things and unless the cost of the item is high they fall below the deductible that is usually USD/EUR 500 ...... always a pain

Enjoy the afternoon in Denmark - hopefully summer has arrived as apparently it has been slow arriving in Europe this year!

Thanks mate and Enjoy the day :) It is to hot for me in denmark 🥵 I always move my own stuff with help from familly and if something is damaged then I can only be angry at myself 😀

Hi!
My name is Johan. I am a 47 years old man from Sweden.
In my childhood i played a lot with Star wars vintage figures. In the years around 1983 i was a little boy who loved to play with and collect figures and ships and more. I was a little bit different from my friends when it came to my toys. I used to put them on a shelf in a wardrobe with space between every figure just to keep them in mint condition. My ships were stored in their own boxes and i played carefully with them. Later they all got stolen in a burglary in my house.
I think it was around 2011 when i got interested in these things again and i started to collect loose figures. I got this nostalgic feeling every time i bought some new figures that i had been looking for a while.
Now i wanted to join you guys here to get to know the vintage world better. I am thankful to have this opportunity to do that.
Best regards/Johan

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hey folks, been a member since 2009 so my profile says but only just had an email reminder that I am still a member 😁 so thought I would come and have a look around again.

I'm Steve, live on the Welsh / Shropshire border and work in health care.
Hi steve, welcome back to the forum. It is great to see old members back on the forum :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi!
My name is Johan. I am a 47 years old man from Sweden.
In my childhood i played a lot with Star wars vintage figures. In the years around 1983 i was a little boy who loved to play with and collect figures and ships and more. I was a little bit different from my friends when it came to my toys. I used to put them on a shelf in a wardrobe with space between every figure just to keep them in mint condition. My ships were stored in their own boxes and i played carefully with them. Later they all got stolen in a burglary in my house.
I think it was around 2011 when i got interested in these things again and i started to collect loose figures. I got this nostalgic feeling every time i bought some new figures that i had been looking for a while.
Now i wanted to join you guys here to get to know the vintage world better. I am thankful to have this opportunity to do that.
Best regards/Johan
Hi Johan, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the story. Sorry to read that your collection was stolen :mad: did you ever get it back and find the one that stole your collection ?

We have a swedish post on the forum see the link https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/swedish-stickers-on-boxes-and-mocs.10806/

Sorry mate to read that the thief was never found. Was there any boxes, cardbacks or moc in your collection that was stolen ? and do you have pictures of the items that was stolen ?
Hi again!
There was a couple of boxes. Tie-fighter and Ewok-glider, also maybe some more. All figures were loose with weapons and in MEGA PERFECT MINT condition. The boxed items were perfect also.
Sorry, no photos. They were stolen somewhere around 1997.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sorry mate to read that you do not have pictures of them and that it was so long ago. If you had pictures of them. Then I am sure members on the forum would look for them for you :)sometimes there is always something on a box, cardback or moc that can ID them. Price stickers or some damages. Forum members have found stolen star wars toy before ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom