Who here collects Bootlegs?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cheers for the info John. I knew they were hard to come by but not a lot more than that, apart from knowing about Headman, obviously!

As a matter of interest, do you kow the UK based collector? I assume you didn't name him as he wants to remain under the radar, but I was just curious as to whether he is known in certain circles or is just known to exist, as such.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Thanks for that insight John - sorry I didn't pay full attention to what Joe had written previously. There's no chance I'll ever be going down the road of hunting for any, even relatively rare carded bootlegs - but it's interesting to learn a little about them. Cheers

JohnA

Padawan
weasel said:
As a matter of interest, do you kow the UK based collector? I assume you didn't name him as he wants to remain under the radar, but I was just curious as to whether he is known in certain circles or is just known to exist, as such.

Yeah, he's a pretty good friend of mine. He's known in bootleg circles (Adam, Joe, Martijn, and some others know him) but not too much outside of there. He doesn't post to any of the boards. I'm not sure if he would mind me mentioning him but out of respect I didn't. He's a helll of a nice guy with one of the sickest collections of not only bootlegs but non-US carded also.

EDIT: Here are some old pics of his stuff http://community.webshots.com/user/emporerburns It's on webshots so it's not a big secret to share these.

John

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
iam just gonna take this chance to show off my very first unart biker scout

hopefully the first of many(thanks again stu )

DSC_0224-1.jpg

burnsy

Sith Lord
Josh said:
Emperor Burns LOL
Burnsy you hiding something from us ;) You darkhorse you :lol:

Wish it was me mate, that's some Trem collection. :shock:

Maybe he's a long lost brother.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
JohnA said:
Yeah, he's a pretty good friend of mine. He's known in bootleg circles (Adam, Joe, Martijn, and some others know him) but not too much outside of there. He doesn't post to any of the boards. I'm not sure if he would mind me mentioning him but out of respect I didn't. He's a helll of a nice guy with one of the sickest collections of not only bootlegs but non-US carded also.

EDIT: Here are some old pics of his stuff http://community.webshots.com/user/emporerburns It's on webshots so it's not a big secret to share these.

John

Cheers John. Yeah, I deliberately didn't ask what the collectors name is as I assumed you hadn't named him for that reason. I can understand him wanting to stay under the radar, or at least not be seen to show off what he has. All the same that's one hell of an impressive collection! I wouldn't even want to TRY and guess how much it would cost to try and assemble something like that. 8)

spoons

Grand Master
That is an amazing collection Joe and I'm really pleased to say that I too have an item seen in your case - the SW curtain :D

Martijn71

Padawan
Martijn71 said:
Do have some of those Mex Motu coming my way, will post when they come in.

~Martijn

And they arrived...just a snapshot do have a lot of accesoiries too:
mexskeletorheman.jpg

mexmotu.jpg

Lovin those Skeletors and He-Mans torso is translucent.
Customs did pop some heads to check for narcotics I guess :)

~Martijn

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom