What's the one vintage SW item you wished you had as a kid but never got?

grinchy

Sith Lord
Great thread
one vehicle i wanted was the big shuttle, saw it in the shops and loved it but never got one
Bought the modern version a few years ago, which is the same ship right down to the foot pegs being the vintage figure ones and not suitable for modern, its a hell of a ship and massive to :D

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
theforceuk said:
x-pack said:
A Jawa. Never ever saw one in shops. Maybe they were more limited in numbers than say, Lando Skiff or something. There were loads of exciting bits and bobs I only realised existed in the early 90s, but top of that 'need to have as a kid' list item is still a Jawa. I really remember looking out for them in toy shops

Funny how different parts of the country had different stuff. I had 3 Jawas as a kid, even got one on a Meccano card!

In the north I personally never saw one. I know that for sure because we would never have left the shop until my dad got his wallet out. Always had an eye out for a Jawa
Strange isn't it. We had two (one from the 'Land of the Jawas' set) which were purchased in West Yorkshire, but this would've been around 1979/80/81.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Jez said:
Jez said:
Imperial Troop Transport, simply for the sound effects. I absolutely loved it but never got one.
It's just occurred to me that I never got one! Why the hell not? I've been collecting for 11 years :eek: I'm such a rubbish collector!
Must get one soon :D
:lol: :lol:

It was always on my list of purchases as a collector but I didn't get mine till around 2015! It's a fantastic vehicle which really doesn't take up much space at all. Even cleaning it up and getting the electronics working was a joy.

Markzane

Padawan
Millennium Falcon for me. I wanted one for Christmas 1982, as that was the only chance I could something that expensive (for me). Couldn't find even one in the shops anywhere.
I got the consolation prize of an AT AT in the end, never did get the Falcon as a kid- I'd stopped collecting altogether by the next summer. Got one 33 years later though :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Markzane said:
Millennium Falcon for me. I wanted one for Christmas 1982, as that was the only chance I could something that expensive (for me). Couldn't find even one in the shops anywhere.
I got the consolation prize of an AT AT in the end, never did get the Falcon as a kid- I'd stopped collecting altogether by the next summer. Got one 33 years later though :)

AT least you got one in the end, amazing toy to have at any age! :lol:

fett1972

Padawan
1985/86 Palitoy 12 back Plastic Cape Jawa. Sadly I choose to buy a Cloth cape Jawa on a tri-logo card.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
fett1972 said:
1985/86 Palitoy 12 back Plastic Cape Jawa. Sadly I choose to buy a Cloth cape Jawa on a tri-logo card.

:lol:
Still a good choice though!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom