What Toy Lines Should Have Been Made?

indianawars

Sith Lord
So what toy lines should have been made, but weren't? Or perhaps a toy line they should have done so much better with?

For me, there are 2 toy lines that should have been made, but weren't. Firstly, the Goonies - Awesome pirate ship, a good line of action figures and playsets.
And secondly, back to the future! Why on earth did they not do anything with this movie in regards to toys?!

And obviously the toy line they could have done so much better with is Indiana Jones, particularly the temple of doom stuff.

lejackal

Grand Master
I was going to say Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors and Ulysses 31 as I loved both shows as a kid but a quick Google search shows that there was a toy line for both although I have no memory of either as a child.

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
I was going to say Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors and Ulysses 31 as I loved both shows as a kid but a quick Google search shows that there was a toy line for both although I have no memory of either as a child.

I had some Ulysses toys that I got from Hamleys around 85, I still have one. They're actually really good, you can pick them up on French eBay although they're very pricey. Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors isd a good shout because the line was fairly crap and could have been much better.

I would have bought the **** out some Willow figures.

yoda

Sith Lord
I love the idea of the Goonies imagine the figures with the cave complex with traps as a playset!

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
I always wanted Centurions toys as a kid after seeing the cartoon. I know they exist but don't remember seeing them in England.

Also when I was a nipper I loved reading all the Thomas the Tank Engine books, would have loved there to be toys at the time, they didn't come out till much later with the TV programme.

poncho

Grand Master
ah yes temple of doon. you couldvof had the mining cart. the stone face with 3 stones in. kenner missed a trick there. i suppose the starwars line and superpowers had more appeal. was the rotla line success? perhaps not so by the looks off

Palifan

Sith Lord
Yes a Temple of Doom line in the same style as Kenners ROTLA would have been fantastic as even though I quite like the 3 LJN figures that were released from Doom, they're not quite the same. I really don't remember any ROTLA figures for sale growing up and use to use my Mego Tom Baker DR Who as Indy (due to his hat!).

I do find that Reaction/Super7 are filling in the gaps for some of the old film properties that never had any action figures made for them. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes in the future from them.

Ian

ODB

Jedi Master
I always thought they missed a trick with not doing a more accurate rendition of Aliens.

I'd also like to have seen Tron (light bikes and Recognizers), Mad Max (either Thunderdome or Road Warrior would have had awesome vehicles), Delta Force or even Mega Force.

x-pack

Grand Master
There were a few lines that seemed to have been bigger in the US, like Raiders and Police Academy. I would have loved both those toy lines. Another few that sneaked in were Karate Kid, Gobots, A-team, Night Rider etc

Maybe a Magnum PI line would have been cool - the Ferrari, Magnum, Higgins ...and the other ones. Or what about The Fall Guy? I think for both you could buy die cast cars but a proper vehicle and figure line would have been ace

Palifan

Sith Lord
ODB said:
I always thought they missed a trick with not doing a more accurate rendition of Aliens.

I'd also like to have seen Tron (light bikes and Recognizers), Mad Max (either Thunderdome or Road Warrior would have had awesome vehicles), Delta Force or even Mega Force.

They did make these tron figures and two light cycles back in the day - http://news.toyark.com/2010/07/08/featured-ebay-auction-vintage-tron-collection-2970

I have a loose set of these which I really like and as there was only a few things to get it made for a fairly easy run to complete.

Ian

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
what about Blake 's 7 not just the corgi ships should have been better made but would have loved a figure line. armies of federation troops attacking with servalan and space commander travis at the front off to torment cally and jenna :lol: :lol: always had a soft spot for cally :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom