what is the difference "super collector" collector

ace

Jedi Knight
Hi all

i have only been using these forums for two weeks or so and its all a little new to me still .

i wanted to start yo this new tread as i felt that this seemed a little elitist or is it just me ?

i am really not trying to offend anyone but is this normal ?

from the card gate thread

"Josh:

Compiling data etc etc etc etc.
I understand none of them fit into the super collector category here, but it's the little guys here who have actually done the hard yards on this one as far as I am concerned.
So good on you little guys. You deserve far more praise than anyone else IMO.
"

now i do not know what forum this has been copped from but dose this sit ok with everyone ? i am not saying he is not thanking everyone on this site and thats cool and it helps let others know of this site but the bit about being little guys and not being in the super collector category just sounds very odd and not what collecting should be about ?

am i eligible to be in the super collector category ? should i not be on this forum ? should i be on another forum as that is where the real super collector go ?

i am sorry i do not feel i am any better or worst than any other collector out there we are star wars collectors and thats that , if we collect badges or underoos , or paperback books or lose figures it should not matter what it is , i am a completest i collect every vereant of every licences item i can find so i am interested in everyones collection as there is going to be something of interest to me or maybe something i do not have in everyones collection, also there is the story that go's with the item that also makes it interesting also , its not about how much someone has or how much they paid or what is worth its about the hunt and gating up cool items that are of interest to each of us .

i just read that post and felt i would just say what i thought as some of you have gotten to know about me :) anyway let me know your thoughts on this , and i know "Josh" did not mean any harm when he rote the post and maybe its me reading something thats not there ? but it feels there is a little them and us out there and i do find it odd , as i have 500,000 items i wasted 20 years of my life on , dose that make me more important that other collectors ? no it dose not i am a star wars collectors just like many 10s of 1000s of us .

this forum has given me a chance to talk and also be listened to over the last two weeks and that has in a way be of help to many people so i like this forum and if i am welcome i plan to stay on here and use this as a place to meet new collectors and talk to friends i have made on here.

just some thoughts

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I'd say a super collector either has a very big collection, a very big knowledge of vintage Star Wars or both.

Cheers Jason

Richard_H

Grand Master
I guess it means different things to different people. It could be time, size of the collection, what you've contributed to the hobby... Etc

Personally I don't give a toss. I respect many different collectors for many different reasons and will always give others a fair chance.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Its a little out of context Jason.

I believe Josh was referring to a lot of the old collectors who don't post much on rebelscum anymore, who are respected in the rebelscum community coming to the thread and helping it along with their interpretations of whats happening.

I don't think it was loaded in anyway.

Anyway- I got more TIE Fighter Pilots than you :lol: (probably not :p )

bobbybobs

Padawan
Hi Jason,

I understand your feelings but this post actually should be read in its proper context. Josh actually wrote this in response to an earlier post where someone had thanked several big name collectors for their help with this mess.

Christian

Richard_H

Grand Master
Correct. A post was made which thanked some of the big names in the collecting world - Josh widened the net and has been equally, if not more so, beneficial in this saga.

ace

Jedi Knight
i see what people are saying and i was not having a pop at Josh in any way i just wondered if there was a them and us thing with some of the collators ?

al i can say was last weekend when i was at Dave Trees event i felt at home i felt welcomed and i also felt i was with my own kind Star Wars Collectors , be us old or young , wealthy or not , we were all the same under one roof

you can have more than anyone else you can have the most rare item in the world but you cannot take it with you when you die so we are all the same.

its nice to enjoy this hobby with other collators what we own it not really important at the end :)

j

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
I think there has been a bit of a them us between rebelscum and swfuk. I think this whole mess has brought all
3 forums (and TIG) closer together.

:)

Jason

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Jason....this is the best forum to be on in regards to respect for each other. We have all types on here from the beginner to the the obsessive and all are welcome. Respect is earned on here...not given based on the size of your collection or what other forums may perceive as "Super collector". We are equal on here we will tell Joe Blow to **** off in the same respect we would tell Sansweet if warranted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lee gray

Sith Lord
There are certainly a few stuck up cunts who think there is a them and a us.
And there are some very knowledgeable people who are great blokes.

ace

Jedi Knight
mr_palitoy said:
I think there has been a bit of a them us between rebelscum and swfuk. I think this whole mess has brought all
3 forums (and TIG) closer together.

:)

Jason

well something good has come of all this then :)

i did not even know i was playing with the ruff boys and outcasts from the star wars community :-0

my mum told me to be carful who i picked as friends ;-)

jason

plantman

Sith Lord
I got pretty pissed off with a comment from Bill McBride on Facebook, he commented that all bar 2 of us on this forum knew what we were talking about. I hate this them and us bullshit.
From the people that live and breathe star wars to the person who collects the odd beater it's all the same to me, if you want to come on here and think people are lower than you ... Well you can **** right off in my eyes.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
plantman said:
I got pretty pissed off with a comment from Bill McBride on Facebook, he commented that all bar 2 of us on this forum knew what we were talking about. I hate this them and us bullshit.
From the people that live and breathe star wars to the person who collects the odd beater it's all the same to me, if you want to come on here and think people are lower than you ... Well you can **** right off in my eyes.

I could give you a full mouth kiss for those comments.

Richard_H

Grand Master
plantman said:

Really? I've never seen that side of him but I hope someone put him in his place!

itfciain

Grand Master
Cc4rhu said:
plantman said:

Really? I've never seen that side of him but I hope someone put him in his place!

Yep both Andy and I made comments on that thread after Bill's remark - I thought it was quite disrespectful really - he didn't reply though

ace

Jedi Knight
i totally agree we are all fans and collectors just because someone has a Yak Face with an arm on backwards dose not make them any more important than any of the rest of us.

and no i do not own a Yak with an arm on backwards ;-)

its unpainted :-D

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Cc4rhu said:
plantman said:

Yep both Andy and I made comments on that thread after Bill's remark - I thought it was quite disrespectful really - he didn't reply though

Considering his recent legal issues on the double telescoping saber with...what was it....a pin put in place of the telescoping end............I am not sure......aww...**** it......not the same story.

plantman

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
plantman said:

Ill hold you to that quote :)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
plantman said:
tiefighterboy said:
plantman said:

Ill hold you to that quote :)

Sending it in the mail as we speak. :lol: :lol:

I feel a shitstorm on the horizon from this thread....but what is new...this is SWFUK. :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom