Waffle pattern?

Andreg

Padawan
Assistance needed :)

I´ve come to learn that carded figures should have a waffle pattern throughout the blister edge´s, but these guys don´t have any patterns at all. Does this mean they are re-carded? The Lumat does not have the same pattern as the rest of my pot pieces, and the Prune blister looks very different and a bit "to-clear" in my book.

Lumat & Prune

IMG_2247_zpsepsi1l5u.jpg

IMG_2248_zpswns8btg4.jpg

IMG_2249_zpswjiissmh.jpg

IMG_2251_zpsnxpuooxq.jpg

IMG_2252_zpscpisazi1.jpg

IMG_2253_zpssrjndiyt.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep that prune is a fake, I'll give you £5 for it :D

I'm no expert but the trilogo prune is perfect, kenner cards have the waffle trilogos don't. My first MOC was a trilogo Klaatu that I got for a fiver as both the seller and myself thought all MOCs had the waffle pattern on the seal so we wrongly assumed it was a reseal especially with the sharp clean cut corners.

You've came to the right place to ask advice - a world of info out there on bubbles, seals, cardbacks etc and finding out really does add to your enjoyment of our hobby :D

Andreg

Padawan
db94 said:
Yep that prune is a fake, I'll give you £5 for it :D

I'm no expert but the trilogo prune is perfect, kenner cards have the waffle trilogos don't. My first MOC was a trilogo Klaatu that I got for a fiver as both the seller and myself thought all MOCs had the waffle pattern on the seal so we wrongly assumed it was a reseal especially with the sharp clean cut corners.

You've came to the right place to ask advice - a world of info out there on bubbles, seals, cardbacks etc and finding out really does add to your enjoyment of our hobby :D

Many thank´s! So that means tri-logo bubbles are different from the rest? No need to worry when buying moc´s with bubbles looking like that?

So, what about the Lumat? :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
The waffle pattern on my Lunat isn't as clear as the older cards. Also, the coin is taped down which is a good sign (do fakers tape bubbles down?).

Hard to be sure without it in hand but I'll say it's probably ok.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love the insane colour on Lumat :) And I can say, without doubt, I have never seen a clearer bubble on a POTF card. If only they were all like that.

itfciain

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Love the insane colour on Lumat :) And I can say, without doubt, I have never seen a clearer bubble on a POTF card. If only they were all like that.

You often find that the Lumat's and Paploos come with clearer bubbles than the rest of the POTF line - the question is whether it is down to the plastic used or the little hole in the back of the card (as these were solely made in Mexico)

Andreg

Padawan
itfciain said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

You often find that the Lumat's and Paploos come with clearer bubbles than the rest of the POTF line - the question is whether it is down to the plastic used or the little hole in the back of the card (as these were solely made in Mexico)

Cool, didn´t know this! (don´t know anything)

Thx Scruffy, feels even better now :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
itfciain said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:

Great info, Iain. Every day's a school day here. Having just had that MIM Biker Scout from you I would have said the bubble plastic must be different but then having seen that Luke Jedi you had that had the pin prick in the bottom of the bubble and was clear as a bell I don't know.

itfciain

Grand Master
Lol - indeed - although don't for one minute mistake me for the teacher - I learn on a daily basis too

I think that the hole does play a part as it allows greater circulation - but then there has been a lot of focus on the make up of the plastic used for bubbles - if you look, most of the Star Wars cards don't come with yellow bubbles - nor do the Trilogo's - and also Palitoy cards are less prone to yellowing - so it is clear that each factory used slightly different plastic make up in their bubbles and that this has a direct correlation to the yellowing affect - still that is a whole new thread :D

phreatobite

Jedi Master
I looked at the Lumat and just thought "too good to be correct" but shows what I know.

I love the MIM MOCs partly because you get a nice clear bubble.

Lindo

Sith Lord
Potf lumat bubbles don't have a waffle seal, I was told that this is because they were made in Mexico how true this is I don't know but if you look at graded lumats they also have a slick seal, I would say it's legit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom