Vintage Palitoy Boxed Items Help

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey Guys, I recently picked a few boxed Palitoy items but need a little help. The first two items came with what I believe and was told are the original outer shipping boxes. Apparently vehicles like this were sent to toy stores in these boxes I guess for protection? The vehicle boxes fit perfectly inside them. Has anyone seen these boxes before?? I have had a few ideas on price so far but could do with a few more and some info. on the boxes if poss.

The items in question are:

Palitoy ESB Darth Vaders Star Destroyer - 100% complete and in wonderful condition. Inserts, instructions etc.

Picture 014 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 015 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 016 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 017 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 018 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 019 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 021 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 022 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 023 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Palitoy - Rebel Troop Transporter - 100% complete and in wonderful condition. Inserts instructions etc.

Picture 024 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 025 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 027 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 028 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 026 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 029 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 030 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 031 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 032 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 033 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 034 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 035 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Picture 036 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

Both are really stunning boxed vehicles as you can see so any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Chris. 8)

burnsy

Sith Lord
That Star Destroyer is amazing :shock:

Probably worth about £25 Chris, let me know your paypal details.

Rich.b

Padawan
burnsy said:
That Star Destroyer is amazing :shock:

Probably worth about £25 Chris, let me know your paypal details.

Excactly what I thought as well

Fantastic condition finds there Chris :D

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:shock: wow that SD is mint.

And Emiel as i scrolled down i thought "Capetown is definately going to be the first post after seeing these" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chewie

Jedi Master
I don't know how you do it Chris 8) Looking at that Star Destroyer i'm beginning to wonder if you've got some sort of time machine going on....... :lol:

e30318is

Sith Lord
Flipping heck Chris! Amazing finds there dude, the star destroyer is so minty I had to double check it wasn't a modern "vintage" set!!

As for the cardboard boxes- I don't think they are shipping boxes- for two reasons- no printed markings to say what is inside.
Also all the shipping boxes I have seen have multiples in, otherwise it's fairly pointless- the idea being you transport half a dozen or a dozen at once- not one at a time.

As a result I agree with stu- £25 tops. That's including postage too!!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks ed, I appreciate the kind comments. As for the boxes I take your point that it would seem fairly pointless to have them individually shipped like this but what if the vehicles were boxed in these boxes and then in larger boxes? Both boxes do have serial numbers on them mate so they could be identified through those surely?

The reason I am adament that they belong in these boxes is because a third party dealer told me so as I was walking out of the toy fair with them. This is a guy I know quite well and would have no real reason to make it up.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Two fantastic items mate. As the others have said that SD is absolutely pristine. It genuinely looks like it was made 5 mins ago. 8) :mrgreen:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom