Vectis Auction - 40th Anniversary Sale

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
To be clear, joking aside, I am not of course actually accusing Vectis of anything underhand here. I am naturally annoyed that it sold for so high a price, as IMHO it genuinely shouldn't have done and it's sod's bloody law that my maximum bid is the one that won it. I do dislike that fact that Vectis holds all the cards in this game, but they would swiftly go out of business if they did engage in anything untoward. It IS a coincidence that my (very) high bid is the same as the hammer price in this case, and it's extremely irritating to boot, however I do have the consolation of being the new owner of something I wanted... I just hope it's packed well in a very sturdy box when they send it so our friends in the postal service can't mangle it.

Well I too was v suspicious and not comfortable putting in a max commission bid because a couple of years or so ago I won a Palitoy Jedi Yoda at my max pre bid of £500 that I put on a couple of wks before and the bidding opened and ended at £500 :!: However soon after the auction by pure chance I ran into and got chatting to a guy that bid against me on the Yoda and bid £500 on the day. Therefore I won it at £500 because my bid came first and he bid the same.

I also won a 30 back LXW around a year or so later at £1500 and I put a max pre bid of around 3.5K.

Regarding posting Vectis will also take paid for lots to local toy fairs they attend for pick up ie Sandown Park this Sat which can be v handy.

momike

Jedi Master
Nice one spoons :wink: Went for less than I thought considering recent sales, Luke seems really cheap

spoons

Grand Master
momike said:
Nice one spoons :wink: Went for less than I thought considering recent sales, Luke seems really cheap

No problem Mike

Luke does seem really cheap, I hadn't really noticed as I only looked at Vader and Ben

Anyone think there's a bit of cooling in the market? (Apart from Pal vc jawas)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Maybe a silly question, but why was the Luke DT so cheap to the others, relativity speaking?

Lindo

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
Maybe a silly question, but why was the Luke DT so cheap to the others, relativity speaking?
By the time you add fees etc it will be close to the 800 mark, to me for a UKG 80 grade that's not far from the true value anyway

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Mini99 said:

DT Luke is a lot more common as he also came in a baggie with the Early Bird set. He only used to be worth £150-200 about 5-10 years ago, similar rarity to Vinyl Cape Jawa.

Ben and Vader only came on limited 12 backs.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Mini99 said:

DT Luke is a lot more common as he also came in a baggie with the Early Bird set. He only used to be worth £150-200 about 5-10 years ago, similar rarity to Vinyl Cape Jawa.

Ben and Vader only came on limited 12 backs.

Thanks fir the information Edd.
Appreciate it.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Bought everything at Vectis on 25th May, yet didn't have to pay any commission or break the bank!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 600

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
Snaketibe said:
To be clear, joking aside, I am not of course actually accusing Vectis of anything underhand here. I am naturally annoyed that it sold for so high a price, as IMHO it genuinely shouldn't have done and it's sod's bloody law that my maximum bid is the one that won it. I do dislike that fact that Vectis holds all the cards in this game, but they would swiftly go out of business if they did engage in anything untoward. It IS a coincidence that my (very) high bid is the same as the hammer price in this case, and it's extremely irritating to boot, however I do have the consolation of being the new owner of something I wanted... I just hope it's packed well in a very sturdy box when they send it so our friends in the postal service can't mangle it.

Well I too was v suspicious and not comfortable putting in a max commission bid because a couple of years or so ago I won a Palitoy Jedi Yoda at my max pre bid of £500 that I put on a couple of wks before and the bidding opened and ended at £500 :!: However soon after the auction by pure chance I ran into and got chatting to a guy that bid against me on the Yoda and bid £500 on the day. Therefore I won it at £500 because my bid came first and he bid the same.

I also won a 30 back LXW around a year or so later at £1500 and I put a max pre bid of around 3.5K.

Regarding posting Vectis will also take paid for lots to local toy fairs they attend for pick up ie Sandown Park this Sat which can be v handy.

Thanks for the extra reassurance and for the info about local toy fairs. I don't think there are any fairs near me coming up soon, but it's useful to know for the future :)

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
22k for the Palitoy VCJ. Wow.

I'd be bricking it having something like that in the house.

Having said that though an ultra ultra rare item, so can see the attraction and given that what people in the US pay for things, it should retain its value. Didn't the last one sell for c10k?

That would be the ultimate Palitoy 12 back run.

Is that the first 30 back sealed Bossk seen out there? Can't be many.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
TrisCompany said:
22k for the Palitoy VCJ. Wow.

I'd be bricking it having something like that in the house.

Having said that though an ultra ultra rare item, so can see the attraction and given that what people in the US pay for things, it should retain its value. Didn't the last one sell for c10k?

That would be the ultimate Palitoy 12 back run.

Is that the first 30 back sealed Bossk seen out there? Can't be many.

Last vcj they sold at auction went £8.5k plus fees.

30 back bossk is a pig but not impossible. I know of a few owners. It's one of the difficult ones but not as hard as ig88 I believe. Yodas are tough and then the fett is the unicorn. I'm not sure if numbers wise it's because of rarity or desirability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom