Unitoy Emperor's Royal Guard Force Pike Wanted - Swap for a Kader

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Is the one on the right a Unitoy? Hard to tell in the pic, but definitely a colder grey than the other one, which looks like a Kader.

Attachments

• 20240509_190918.jpg
    20240509_190918.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 13

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Is the one on the right a Unitoy? Hard to tell in the pic, but definitely a colder grey than the other one, which looks like a Kader.
That was quick! Yes, I'm pretty sure the one on the right is a Unitoy. The one on the left has the 2 EPM's found on the Kader, so therefore as long as the one on the right doesn't have those, and since it also doesn't appear to have the bulge at its top which would make it a Taiwan, I think the one on the right is a Unitoy :) . Are you happy to swap it for a Kader? Or since you already have a Kader, would you be willing to sell it, or is there perhaps an accessory I might be able to help you with? I don't have everything as a spare by any means, but I do have a few. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Jeremy, I'm happy to swap for another Kader- will double-check the epm's tomorrow, to be sure it meets your criteria. I'm not bothered with variants, so happy to help!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Collecting has got way more complicated, I imagine my entire loose collection probably has the wrong accessories as I sourced many of them separately!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Collecting has got way more complicated, I imagine my entire loose collection probably has the wrong accessories as I sourced many of them separately!
It's a rabbit hole I never really wanted to go down, but my collection has reached the point where I have reluctantly started to care about such things more and more. It's certainly not for every collector (just as it didn't used to be for me), but once I know that something is 'wrong' with a figure, it's hard for me to ignore it :( .

I'm hoping there may be a double upside from this though. If Lars does decide to relaunch the Toy of the Week threads, it will force me to re-examine all of my loose figures and try to ensure all of them have the 'correct' accessories (so far, I'm in blissful ignorance about many 'errors' that may exist within it). This should hopefully improve my own collection's 'accuracy', and also the photos / info I hope to share with the forum.

Jeremy

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I wonder if anyone has ever looked into the accuray rate of having correct accessories, eg do 100% of carded unitoy figures have unitoy accessories, or is it lower. I imagine by the time we got to trilogo carded figures, QC dropped, and as with modern manufacturing there must also surely have been periods where one factory ran out of, say, Leia blasters, and had to source some from the other factory, or in the case of trilogo miscards just put something different in altogether.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I wonder if anyone has ever looked into the accuray rate of having correct accessories, eg do 100% of carded unitoy figures have unitoy accessories, or is it lower. I imagine by the time we got to trilogo carded figures, QC dropped, and as with modern manufacturing there must also surely have been periods where one factory ran out of, say, Leia blasters, and had to source some from the other factory, or in the case of trilogo miscards just put something different in altogether.
That is a very good point! I've seen a carded Tri-Logo Yak Face with a gaderffi stick included in the bubble, so you're spot-on with regards to the quality control towards the end of the line. Even so, I think it's fair to say that the majority of, for instance, Unitoy figures *probably* came with Unitoy accessories... or at any rate, I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't! :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
That is a very good point! I've seen a carded Tri-Logo Yak Face with a gaderffi stick included in the bubble, so you're spot-on with regards to the quality control towards the end of the line. Even so, I think it's fair to say that the majority of, for instance, Unitoy figures *probably* came with Unitoy accessories... or at any rate, I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't! :)
The same here, I am also slowly beginnig to check my figures for correct weapons. It's is also hard for me to ignore it :(

But as edd write do 100% of carded unitoy figures have unitoy accessories, or is it lower. I guess it is importen to check as many moc as we can :unsure:

Top Bottom