Trailer is up!!!

skywalker

Jedi Master
Nick_IoW said:
skywalker said:
Oh and that T shape lightsaber looks shite.. Just pointless to have those Two extra little sabers...

If you do any kind of sword-fighting, having a hilt or guard is far from pointless. I'm surprised more haven't had them lol.

Yeah I just think it looks ****... Like they thought what can we stick on this to make it different.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:
skywalker said:
Oh and that T shape lightsaber looks shite.. Just pointless to have those Two extra little sabers...

If you do any kind of sword-fighting, having a hilt or guard is far from pointless. I'm surprised more haven't had them lol.

Still looks **** on a lightsaber.... Only hopin that not the final design but i Fear it won't change anymore.

If you want to make a special lightsaber, make a lightsaber naginata or something, but a long sword just looks mediëvil and wrong.

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Fantastic to see X wings and the Falcon flying again! The rest of the trailer didn't do anything for me.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I for one ****ng loved it, I'm just in from work and it's made me want to watch return of the Jedi this evening, drnk 2 litres if baileys then be up all night with creamy sick coming up.

I loved everything, I saw x wings, the falcon, a new baddie, tatooine, a new droid, tie fighters, stormtroopers and I for one relished every second of that.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Boba Skinner said:
I for one ****ng loved it, I'm just in from work and it's made me want to watch return of the Jedi this evening, drnk 2 litres if baileys then be up all night with creamy sick coming up.

I loved everything, I saw x wings, the falcon, a new baddie, tatooine, a new droid, tie fighters, stormtroopers and I for one relished every second of that.

Agree wholeheartedly

Loved it.... Slowly reeled me in then .....Boom....FALCON TIME 8) 8)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Nick_IoW said:
skywalker said:

This quote worries me nick.

Reminds me of a time when I used to work at a social club. One of the other bar staff was a big fan of movies and had brought himself a replica of Conans sword from somewhere in london and offered to bring it to work to show me. He did this. He also used to wear this ridiculous Wesley snipes blade esq leather jacket. Shortly after arriving at the social club, he was followed in by the police. They were very polite but took him away for a chat. Apparently there had been a number of concerned calls from members of the public who had seen a sri lankan man with a leather trench coat walking through the town centre with a massive sword resting on his shoulder. I had assumed he would have at least wrapped it up in something.

He didn't get prosecuted, but he never saw his sword again.

theslider

Sith Lord
It's a bit meh.

But remember the Phantom Menace trailer was great and look how that turned out! Why redesign the Stormtrooper outfit (so it looks closer to the clone trooper crap) and the X-Wing.

My initial prediction will be it'll be better than the prequels but won't seem Star Wars-y enough. (Hope I'm proved wrong!)

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Well, I liked it better than the Phantom Menace trailer. Still not excited though, probably because it's still over a year away and there is so much more to come.

Also, much of what I've just seen probably won't be in the final movie, that's the nature of teasers.

x-pack

Grand Master
chiffy said:
theforceuk said:
I would start queuing now if I could. I don't see anything that looks like the prequel trilogy, it's closer to the original trilogy if anything.

What he said :mrgreen:

If anything, 30 years on from Jedi is around 30 years from the cinema release of 83 to current day so the CGI comes with the terrortory. I'm sure we would be moaning if they made it look too old skool. Just thinking about the old stormies presented in todays tech makes the veins in my purple lightsaber throb with excitement :p
I'm gonna drink at least a full bottle of Dissarono in celebration tonight then bang the missus to the Cantina theme tune :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That made me nearly piss myself

x-pack

Grand Master
I thought it was great. The only thing I didn't like was the voice over guy ..that wobbly headed R2 was a bit weird as well. But, in the Star Wars universe, weird is good. Just not Jar Jar weird :x

Millenium Falcon made the hairs on my hairs stand up on end :eek: :D Pant wettingly sexy

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Agreed not as exciting as the Phantom Men trailer 15 years ago but the hype back then was shocking!
When the black guy appeared I thought I was watching a spoof trailer :lol:
The Falcon looked awesome 8)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Not loving it to be honest.

1) The rolling droid at the starts makes me worried that it's going to be another slapstick 'comedy' attempt
2) Not liking the light sabre, looks like something out of King Arthur, not Star Wars!
3) Yoda's voice - isn't he supposed to be dead!?
4) Young girl on speeder bike type thing - uh oh it's Padme all over again!

On the plus side, at least it has some of the original vehicles and locations in it. But will have to wait and see.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
Boba Skinner said:

Agree wholeheartedly

Loved it.... Slowly reeled me in then .....Boom....FALCON TIME 8) 8)

Agree 100%. Absolutely brilliant :D :D Falcon with a rectangular replacement radar dish as well. 8)
JJ's given us everything he knew we'd want, lets hope he keeps up his end of the bargain on the next trailer and eventually the film itself!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Not loving it to be honest.

1) The rolling droid at the starts makes me worried that it's going to be another slapstick 'comedy' attempt
2) Not liking the light sabre, looks like something out of King Arthur, not Star Wars!

Yep - couldn't wait to see it so watched it on my mob as soon as it was available. With the exception of seeing the Falcon dodge TIE fighters it left me pretty underwhelmed.

Please no more prequel George Lucas in your face slapstick
Please don't feel you have to go one better than the double lightsaber - lightsabers are iconic so there really is no need.
Stormies looked good except the light up blasters - they are blasters not toys, less Tron and more lived in.

Can't argue with the X Wing and Falcon parts though, got way too excited when I realised the radar dish had been replaced after Lando lost it :D

ODB

Jedi Master
I'm underwhelmed. It looks like a JJ Abrams film and thats not good, the Falcon part looked like something out of Rebel Assault.

x-pack

Grand Master
You know what I like about it this time round? The fact that we have a forum to discuss this on. When TPM came out it was just me thinking 'this looks bloody great' ..admittedly it wasn't but hey ho :?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I don't get why the speeder bike looks like some blockey war time looking lump?
The original speeders were futuristic and cool looking, the new one looks poop!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom