Toy Hunter TONIGHT 10pm QUEST 28/01

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
still laugh at the whole 'AFA' section. bunch of rip-off artists!

....and when he used the heat gun on the MOC price-sticker I was cringing :eek: how many idiots will now try this and ruin a decent carded fig with their mum's hairdryer???

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I enjoy seeing the vintage toys on Toyhunter but it grates me that the sole purpose of the programme is to make money. Every time the guy comes across a find all he thinks is how much profit he can get from flipping it. I don't really get much appreciation for the actual toys themselves. Hollywood Treasure is the same - some great props on the show but theres the overriding message that 'we're only here for the money - profit is good'. Find dumb collector - buy cheap - find dumb rich collector - sell high - sit round and pat ourselves on the back for doing this in the pretence that they're 'saving' these toys/props. :roll:

I realise these programmes wouldn't be made without these middle-men I suppose, but its just my tuppence worth and its an irk I have every time I watch it.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
i watched that for the first time. the main guy is mega annoying! i nearly switched off because of him.

the alien was well cool! would love one of those, although i found the profit on it was a bit pointless? $575 and sold to gentle giant for $600 was it worth it?

i liked that werewolf pez aswell.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
the alien was well cool! would love one of those, although i found the profit on it was a bit pointless? $575 and sold to gentle giant for $600 was it worth it?

He wasn't in that deal for the profit, it was a door opener to get more work from them, a common practice in business. And trust me, there would be no way he'd be selling that for $600 if he knew there wasn't more money in it for him down the line.

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
A mint boxed complete Kenner Alien for $575?! WTF!

You think thats too high for an decent enough open box version?
Would have been a shame to see a MISB version opened just so they could scan it.
Any idea what a MISB would go for these days?

marc

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
theguiltyone said:
SublevelStudios said:

Would have been a shame to see a MISB version opened just so they could scan it.

marc

It's too cheap!!!

try and get one for less than $1000 on ebay for that piece in that condition! Mission Impossible.

One thing that did make me laugh was how his mate was jumping up and down and saying how fantastic that Wolfman Pez was, then asked how much - a pro would never do that ;)

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
SublevelStudios said:
theguiltyone said:
SublevelStudios said:

marc

It's too cheap!!!

try and get one for less than $1000 on ebay for that piece in that condition! Mission Impossible.

One thing that did make me laugh was how his mate was jumping up and down and saying how fantastic that Wolfman Pez was, then asked how much - a pro would never do that ;)

Thanks for the reply to that Q, much appreciated.

marc

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
That 'Ahoy $25,000' episode or what ever it is called I have seen b4, but poss a slightly diff cut? I don't rem Jordan actually going to AFA and meeting Chad when I first saw the episode quite a while ago :?
Was pretty awesome seeing those mint uncirculated 12 backs Empire and Jedi at the old couple's house 8) I clocked one of the Chewies graded an AFA 90 but couldn't make out if it was an A card?! When Jordan said a collector had offered $6500 I am guessing it was :!:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Watched it but hearing that tits voice just got me in a bad mood. Just thought it was a waste him getting those figures, finds like that should be for "proper" fans/collectors.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
That 'Ahoy $25,000' episode or what ever it is called I have seen b4, but poss a slightly diff cut? I don't rem Jordan actually going to AFA and meeting Chad when I first saw the episode quite a while ago :?
Was pretty awesome seeing those mint uncirculated 12 backs Empire and Jedi at the old couple's house 8) I clocked one of the Chewies graded an AFA 90 but couldn't make out if it was an A card?! When Jordan said a collector had offered $6500 I am guessing it was :!:

I'm glad you have said this because I thought I had seen it before but didn't remember him actually going to AFA. :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom