The Walking Dead Thread

phreatobite

Jedi Master
*Spoilers*...

If it follows the comics general narrative it should play out that ASF is attacked and Rick is proven right. Everyone works together to fight off the attackers and Carl is shot in the head.

walkie

Sith Lord
Did anyone enjoy the season finale? I thought it was pretty poor all things considered.

I'm glad morgan has finally caught up with rick and the crew, and it's a nice touch by the show creates to add the "wolves" story arc which is new to fans of the comic.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Annual Bump! :lol:

SPOILERS!!!

I'm assuming everyone has given up on this now?, but if you didn't who do you reckon got a kiss from Lucille?

I like the "no-one" theory because they haven't sorted out the acting contracts for the next season yet, but I think it's Eugene as they've been pushing his character on abit which often means you're doomed (if you're not one of the unkillables) ...

plantman

Sith Lord
I think its Abraham, when he said taking it like a champ...who else would lol

i wish it was bloody Glenn like in the comics, sick of him making miracle escapes and crying a lot

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Abraham a good bet also and there was a couple of looks between him and Negan.

If you were Negan who would you rather kill? Someone who is strong and able who could get you plenty of stuff in taxes (for want of a better word), but who might be a threat in the future, or someone who'd be pathetic at getting you anything but would never be a challenge in the future.

So many people seemed to hate the ending but I quite liked the cliffhanger part.

plantman

Sith Lord
Well to be honest i would kill Rick, its obvious he would devise a plan of escape or overthrowing, which is why its a bit daft.

the others all hae their uses but i cant see any of them as a major leader apart from Abraham

what if it was rick LOL

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
plantman said:
what if it was rick LOL

That would be funny! Tbh he gets on my nerves at the moment, everything he gets involved in goes so completely wrong it's just daft so I wouldn't mind :D

plantman

Sith Lord
it has lost its way a lot, the first two series were immense, now its just the same scenarios, the same people survive, it should go back to the way it was, when bigger characters doe like lori, merle, tdog, shane, dale ect

it seems they are floating along scared to remove any of the original cast.

itfciain

Grand Master
I think it might be Abe as well - he just found his happy place which is never a good thing !

I agree about the cast though - I think that they probably killed a few too many off to soon and are now scared to let any of the 'untouchables' go - the issue is where do they find new people to join and become strong cast members ?

Ian_C

Jedi Master
I was thinking Daryl. No way they are having this key iconic scene and wasting it on a second tier character.

However, I think it's going to be Glenn after all. It was foreshadowed when he was the only one to see the Lucille victim pics during the raid on the Savior bunker. He's like a virgin in a horror movie too - safe as long as his hands were clean. Now that he's killed, it'll come back on him. The dumpster fiasco was a red herring to make everyone think they'd never kill Glenn.

I liked the cliffhanger finale by the way. I don't get all the hate.

Ian

Richard_H

Grand Master
The ending was ok, but tbh I'm getting bored of the same old storylines. I used to watch this show there and then, then it was on the next day, now it's at the weekend. Something different needs to happen.

itfciain

Grand Master
Ian_C said:
I
I liked the cliffhanger finale by the way. I don't get all the hate.

I agree - I think the hate was generally caused by the fact that we all steeled ourselves up to deal with the loss and then its like..... urgh no loss

But if you saw the Talking dead afterwards then they said that they wanted to end the season at that point so the next season was all about dealing with the loss

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Yeah, they explained it on Talking Dead. However, with all the Twitter "caps lock" feedback Chris Hardwick was referencing, I think it might have been a bit of backpedaling from Gimple.

It seems the hardcore fans on the WD boards are mostly upset because they wanted it played out like in the comic, where you see the victim right away. Reeks of impatience and the "right now" entitlement prevalent in much of society. :(

Richard, there will be some changes to the way things are next season. Oh yes, there will. :)

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
The ending was ok, but tbh I'm getting bored of the same old storylines. I used to watch this show there and then, then it was on the next day, now it's at the weekend. Something different needs to happen.

Couldn't agree more.. actually found myself with my finger hoovering over the fast forward button... even when they were finally captured and lined up. Not sure what they can do though really. If they calm it all down, it becomes a soap opera and more relationship driven, if they speed it up everyone dies, it does feel like its limping abit at the moment though...

plantman

Sith Lord
Abraham dies in the comics around this time (he was supposed to get the bolt through the eye) if its rosita i will be annoyed as a key character has to die.

im the same as all of you, the intensity has gone, the feeling that the world is in disaster has gone, its the same scenarios, the same characters make a miracle escape, and im so sick of glenn crying, surviving the impossible i may actually cheer if its him.

the first two series are brilliant though, i wish they could get that back, but they seem to be touring the same woodland for 4 series now! why not have a winter scenario, or they move to the coast or try to find something else like salvation...all repetative.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom