The Vintage Toy Monster, Portsmouth

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
While going to Gunwharf Quays today I took a little detour and visited this shop. Well worth a visit IMO, it had an excellent selection of Star Wars MOCs, loose figures, boxed vehicles, die-cast, baggies, and loads of other lines too like MASK, Bravestar, He-Man, Lego etc. I will be going back :)

https://www.facebook.com/The-Vintage-Toy-Monster-377810396121506/

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
It is a good shop very well laid out and loads of stock. I did put.this one down on the UK toy shop thread as it's only 5 minuits walk from my house. Ian who owns it is a nice chap very friendly. His star wars in my opinion is a bit overpriced but can appreciate he has to put a bit on top becouse of shop over heads ECT. Some repro weapons in the cabinet but hes hounest about it.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Ooo will have to check that one out next time I'm that way.
Used to be a couple of fantastic shops back in the 90s in Pompey but sadly closed down.
Great to see another shop in the area again.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
We use to have Timeframe and southsea model's. Timeframe went years ago southsea model's is still there but now mainly deals in warhammer and Pokemon cards.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
I will have to try and pop in there next time I'm working that way, unfortunately last time was on a Monday and I believe He only opens Thursday to Sunday.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Stubbs said:
We use to have Timeframe and southsea model's. Timeframe went years ago southsea model's is still there but now mainly deals in warhammer and Pokemon cards.

Timeframe... yup. Owned by Justin. Great guy. Going back a few years more there was Essential Collectables owned by Matt & Brian.
Always found Southsea models a tad on the pricey side when they had vintage in stock.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
MarkG said:
Stubbs said:

Timeframe... yup. Owned by Justin. Great guy. Going back a few years more there was Essential Collectables owned by Matt & Brian.
Always found Southsea models a tad on the pricey side when they had vintage in stock.

Yes I no Justin he can be found around the local car boot sales these days and accasionly has a stall at the Barry potter toy fairs. I bought a few bits from him back in the 90s.

Do you remember Mondo comics in the old tricorn center they had some vintage I picked up an Anakin Skywalker for a quid.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Stubbs said:
Yes I no Justin he can be found around the local car boot sales these days and accasionly has a stall at the Barry potter toy fairs. I bought a few bits from him back in the 90s.

Do you remember Mondo comics in the old tricorn center they had some vintage I picked up an Anakin Skywalker for a quid.

Vaguely remember the Tricorn centre but only from my childhood really so never went into Mondo Comics. Was pretty much a ruin in my later 'collecting' years.

Not seen Justin for a fair few years now. Great to hear he's still about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom