The Vintage Rebellion Podcast - Episode 96 LAUNCHED

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
face96.jpg

Well, it's summer, and the thwack of leather on willow is heard on village greens across England. Or it would be, if it wasn't raining. But, that doesn't dampen the spirits, as the lads select their first XI Star Wars action figures to put on their whites, step up to the crease, and try not to get caught leg before Wicket. Oh, and Rich does his best to explain the rules of cricket for those (like Jason) not in the know.

After a brief catch-up on Obi-Wan on t'telly, the team looks ahead to the Andor series, which starts streaming in August. What do we know, and what do we expect? Listen in, and find out.

Pete's quiz takes us into the Valley of Death as the lads feel the heat in more ways than one.

A quick canter through the lads' latest purchases leads on to the Action Figure Face-Off, where Paploo, Squid Head and R2 Sensorscope do their best to overturn the firm favourite Luke Skywalker. Will our favourite farmboy find favour and come first?

Some rare and wonderful new acquisitions are discussed, from across the Star Wars galaxy, before Rebel Briefings looks at putting the 'con' into conventions, stolen images, troublesome tickets, larging it at London Film & Comic Con, and an exciting e-book launch.

We're delighted to be joined this month by special guest Narayan S Naikwho tells Rich about his amazing collection, focus collecting Boba Fett, Luke Jedi and Yoda, the Georgia Alliance collecting club, conventions, and much more, in a wide ranging and fascinating discussion.

The boys wrap up in party mood, with an in-depth look at this month's licensee Deeko, a British company which made Star Wars paper cups, plates and table ware, and reminisce about birthdays in the 70s and 80s.

All this and the usual bluff, bluster and banter! Look for the podcast in all the regular places.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
View attachment 176475

Well, it's summer, and the thwack of leather on willow is heard on village greens across England. Or it would be, if it wasn't raining. But, that doesn't dampen the spirits, as the lads select their first XI Star Wars action figures to put on their whites, step up to the crease, and try not to get caught leg before Wicket. Oh, and Rich does his best to explain the rules of cricket for those (like Jason) not in the know.

After a brief catch-up on Obi-Wan on t'telly, the team looks ahead to the Andor series, which starts streaming in August. What do we know, and what do we expect? Listen in, and find out.

Pete's quiz takes us into the Valley of Death as the lads feel the heat in more ways than one.

A quick canter through the lads' latest purchases leads on to the Action Figure Face-Off, where Paploo, Squid Head and R2 Sensorscope do their best to overturn the firm favourite Luke Skywalker. Will our favourite farmboy find favour and come first?

Some rare and wonderful new acquisitions are discussed, from across the Star Wars galaxy, before Rebel Briefings looks at putting the 'con' into conventions, stolen images, troublesome tickets, larging it at London Film & Comic Con, and an exciting e-book launch.

We're delighted to be joined this month by special guest Narayan S Naikwho tells Rich about his amazing collection, focus collecting Boba Fett, Luke Jedi and Yoda, the Georgia Alliance collecting club, conventions, and much more, in a wide ranging and fascinating discussion.

The boys wrap up in party mood, with an in-depth look at this month's licensee Deeko, a British company which made Star Wars paper cups, plates and table ware, and reminisce about birthdays in the 70s and 80s.

All this and the usual bluff, bluster and banter! Look for the podcast in all the regular places.

Another v entertaining listen lads-many thanks!
Pretty awesome u have been to Death Valley Pete😎
I was shocked to hear about the con artist convention in Southampton🤬 I hope they catch & throw the book at all the scumbags involved!!
I also couldn't believe how quick celebration tickets sold out! I only decided to join the queue early to get the tickets done and dusted and out the way but lucky I did as I got what I wanted which was two 4 day adult & 2 single day kids passes. Had no idea at the time how fortunate I was to get what I got! Sorry to hear u had to pay out for 4 single days Andy S-not right mate and more sorry u missed out Pete! I hope u can get it sorted mate! I also hope all that bought just to sell come well unstuck!! So just kids passes left…surely they r going to have to make amendments there🤔
On a final brighter note, yes Andy P, those kids parties in the house take me right back!
Vivid memories of watching ROTJ at my friend's party & I also rem he got a BD X-Wing for his bday😎

Looking forward to the nx one guys👍🏻

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yeh, another great episode….getting close to triple digits!
Brilliant interview with Narayan and a BIG shout out to Andy Preston for bring back some fantastic memories of the pink blancmange rabbit on a bed of green jelly…oh I used to look forward to when my mother used make this on a Sunday, happy memories.😀 Definitely a 70's thing!
Cheers lads keep it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom