THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 61 LAUNCHED

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just making my way through the latest TVR podcast. Many happy returns on your 5 year anniversary.
I've missed a couple of the latest editions as I've been going through some pretty heavy personal upheaval. In short my marriage has broken up and my Mother has passed away. It's been a really crappy couple of months where Star Wars has taken a slight back seat.
It's funny how things you love - like vintage - become irrelevant when your mental healths a complete mess. I'm slowly coming through the other side and my enjoyment is coming back again. I'd like to think the podcast is a small part of that recovery and I'd like to thank a small group of people I've got to know through the forum who've been massively supportive to me and have held my hand through some dark days.
Apologies for rambling on but you've given me something to grab hold of in stormy seas.
Thanks guys for all your hard work it's massively appreciated.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Scarifpacific said:
Just making my way through the latest TVR podcast. Many happy returns on your 5 year anniversary.
I've missed a couple of the latest editions as I've been going through some pretty heavy personal upheaval. In short my marriage has broken up and my Mother has passed away. It's been a really crappy couple of months where Star Wars has taken a slight back seat.
It's funny how things you love - like vintage - become irrelevant when your mental healths a complete mess. I'm slowly coming through the other side and my enjoyment is coming back again. I'd like to think the podcast is a small part of that recovery and I'd like to thank a small group of people I've got to know through the forum who've been massively supportive to me and have held my hand through some dark days.
Apologies for rambling on but you've given me something to grab hold of in stormy seas.

Sorry to hear that, hope your luck takes an upward turn soon.

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Scarifpacific said:

Sorry to hear that, hope your luck takes an upward turn soon.

Thank you Edd, I've been touched with the amount of kindness that people have shown me.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
So sorry to hear that life's been difficult of late, here's to a brighter future.

UKS

Jedi Knight
My mum passed a few years ago. Star Wars is actually something that brings her back in my memory. The only film I saw in the cinema with her, her buying me chief chirpa and turning up at school pick up with it, etc

Brings back many memories. GL with the future. It gets better.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Scarifpacific said:

It's both sad and uplifting to read this and the fact that the podcast and forum is helping in some way is quite moving. Bright new beginnings often come disguised as painful endings so keep your chin up and happier times will be there for you i'm sure.

TVR, I really enjoyed this episode and Stu thanks for saying some nice things about me, that was very much appreciated! I also found it interesting hearing about the formation of the podcast and the early days, I also had no idea that the Chivecast had once taken umbrage with you. It cant be easy putting the podcast together and we are all 'free' listeners not paying subscribers - very grateful for the content that you put out. Whenever I have a long solo drive across the country I know I have some friendly voices to keep me company on the road, and that's very comforting. Thanks guys!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Scarifpacific said:

Sorry to hear about your loss mate, hope things improve for you soon.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow lads, five years!

Great to hear all of your voices together, pity Grant couldn't make it. Hope to hear him back on one day.

I must admit I doubt I'd be collecting if it wasn't for the podcast. You guys introduced me to the Forum, Farthest From and the Facebook groups. My first ever post in the Forum was about episode 18. I listened to the Chive Cast first and then your podcast popped up. Listening each month I soon began to realise there was a whole world of collecting happening all around me... Theres some fascinating interviews and a wealth of knowledge contained in all the past shows.

Just a couple of thoughts, I found it very interesting that many people have trimmed back their Facebook groups, I recently did the same. It had reached saturation point. Also all of the drama sucks the fun out of collecting, it's meant to be an escape from all the bollocks. I'm on some other non Star Wars groups and the bickering on there is very similar, social media brings out the worst in people.

Richard is correct. You had to be pretty brave to wear Rollerboots in the North East in the 80's. I was taken to a local Roller Rink once, we were skating around quite happily 'til I got smashed over the head with a snooker cue by one of the older kids. Happy days.

Thought the Chewbacca family tattoo bit was very funny.

Loms Topps card boxes are beautiful, used to collect them as a kid but they would always sell out. Lovely art work.

As ever your hard work is very greatly appreciated, you've brightened up many hours of daily commuting. Here's to the next five!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Still haven't finished this mammoth episode! I really enjoyed the 'highlight' interviews, was great to hear some of those stories again, I had forgotten many of them.

dienstuhr

Padawan
Great job guys, shame you couldn't have made it a little longer :D

Seriously though, really enjoying the listen.

Cheers

d.

Taffius

Sith Lord
A liitle late I know. :D

However having just finished it in over a week, I again found myself in stitches whilst travelling with the outakes and the duck saga.

Pmsl! I cannot believe how serious Richard_H claimed the duck joke was enough post 3 podcasts of mentions and we have it still being mentioned. Brilliant. Quaked me up for sure.

Loved the interview revivals and now onto Ep 62. Missed these and thanks again for my regained interest and revitilised enthusiasm for the show and hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom