The circle is complete. Well, my MOC ESB collection.

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
After a few years and some good deals and a slow crawl to the finishing post I have completed my MOC Kenner ESB collection. Many thanks to all who are on these boards who have helped along the way! :D

ESBGROUP.jpg
[/img][/url]

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
looks great man. kind of wish i hadn't sold all my ESB's sometimes.

Bollux

Grand Master
cracking collection there mate!

ESB cards are fantastic, the backs are good too, some of the colours are crazy!

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
Thankyou all for your kind words. I have just put them in my cabinate and they look great! I just need one more cabinate to do them justice. Ed. Did you have a full run of ESB figs then? I would'nt part with mine easly.

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Really great. They all look in fantastic condition too. Did you struggle to find decent ESB more so than any of the other lines? I know I did. Looks like I know where all the good ones are now.

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
boba frett said:
Very nice set Graham. Any plans of getting the first 21 on Empire cards?
I have 3 SW MOC figures on SW cards so I think I will continue down that path. Trouble is they are mega bucks compared to the ESB figs. My main criteria on carded figures are to get fully sealed bubbles with no dents and no cut POPs. I managed to get my ESB collection to average out at just under Ã'£50 each :) . I dont think with this criteria that I would be able to complete a SW set :? . I like the idea of haveing SW figs on ESB cards but im quite anal when it comes to the headers. Its gotta be the right header for the character. I dread to think how much a C7 21 back Fett is gonna cost. I'll just have to bide my time.

Rudyard

Jedi Knight
Fabulous collection matey. ESB - favourite film & favourite card design. The figures are just the coolest too, what with Snowtrooper, IG-88 etc etc.

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
Fitzy said:
Really great. They all look in fantastic condition too. Did you struggle to find decent ESB more so than any of the other lines? I know I did. Looks like I know where all the good ones are now.
Yeah I did struggle. I had a tight budget. The hardest just to find were Zuckuss and Dengar. I have owned 3 Dengars. 1st was Canadian so that did not fit in to well. 2nd was just a bit shabby with an unaceptable bubble ding. It looked great on the eBay photos but in person it was naff. I think I only got one in person. The thing is SW cards and ROTJ are ten a penny. SW just cost to much :? I did'nt want to go down the AFA route as the cases would not fit in with my swanky Oscars cases. I would say that the average condition is about C7-8. Are you gonna post any collection pics then Fitzy?

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Graham_Marshall said:
Fitzy said:
Yeah I did struggle. I had a tight budget. The hardest just to find were Zuckuss and Dengar. I have owned 3 Dengars. 1st was Canadian so that did not fit in to well. 2nd was just a bit shabby with an unaceptable bubble ding. It looked great on the eBay photos but in person it was naff. I think I only got one in person. The thing is SW cards and ROTJ are ten a penny. SW just cost to much :? I did'nt want to go down the AFA route as the cases would not fit in with my swanky Oscars cases. I would say that the average condition is about C7-8. Are you gonna post any collection pics then Fitzy?

Isn't that strange, they were the two I stuggled the most to find as well. Got an AFA one of each in the end. Might not have bothered getting AFA for relatively minor characters but when they came up I had to jump right in. Look good though.

Managed to get at least one of all the other figures on at least the correct film card (missing a POTF Yak Face obviously) but these were the last to complete the set. You're right about the other lines, SW are great but it's just a matter of money to get them and ROTJ are fairly common.

I did have a big bunch of my carded collection posted on the old site so I'll have to do it again on here.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Graham_Marshall said:
Ed. Did you have a full run of ESB figs then? I would'nt part with mine easly.

i had all but 2 i think, isn't there 27 in total? im sure i had 25. only got about 6 now, just the ones i can't find/afford on trilogo cards.

a lot of mine were in pretty poor condition (mainly c7ish, some better and some worse) from when i was a lot less picky, so they just didn't display very well.

Graham_Marshall

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
Graham_Marshall said:
Ed. Did you have a full run of ESB figs then? I would'nt part with mine easly.

i had all but 2 i think, isn't there 27 in total? im sure i had 25. only got about 6 now, just the ones i can't find/afford on trilogo cards.
There are 31 in total including photo variations. I think there are a few name variations. Princess Leia Hoth/Leia Hoth. Two One Bee/2 1B etc. And big figure variations like Lando and Yodas snake etc. Not for getting offers and backs but that is another story :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom