Terry Hall RIP

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just heard the devestating news that the legendary frontman of The Specials has passed away at 63. As a fervent anti racist and social commentator, I grew up with his music and got my first taste of the U.K's social ills through his songs. A huge loss.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Couldn't agree more with the above, a sad loss for sure and one of the greats is lost but not forgotten.

R.I.P

Ian

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Absolutely agree with the OP, an iconic singer who's gone far too early.

I was coming up for my 8th birthday when Ghost Town was number 1. I absolutely loved it though didn't understand the story it told, and only really came to appreciate it a decade or so later. There are so many fantastic Specials tracks - Nite Klub, Gangsters, A Message to you Rudy, Man at C&A, Do Nothing, .... all songs with a message which really resonates. I'm sure they've played a part in shaping who I am today. and it's one of my biggest regrets that I've not seen them live.

It's depressing that despite being 40 years on from when 'Ghost Town' and 'The Lunatics' were released they're as relevant as ever.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Specials and 2 tone in general was a large part of my childhood, I did a pop quiz at work the other day, in tribute to Terry, "Friday night Saturday morning" classic (instead of kiss stains on my shirt ....) , some one guessed it and the year of release. What a loss and reading what he went through as a kid none of which i knew about . Never seen them live i regret that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom