Tantive XI Forum

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hi,
are any of you members of Tantive XI? Everyone says how good it is for guides and content but I really struggle with it. Is it even accessible on the iPad?

Here are some screen grabs of what I see on the iPad. As you see I can't see anywhere to log on on the home page, on the contact the moderator page I can't see the button they refer to at the bottom and on the Coo guides I don't even see the imagery.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• 7CFA097E-1E63-425C-B36E-CBCF0E2CA6EF.jpeg
    7CFA097E-1E63-425C-B36E-CBCF0E2CA6EF.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 127
  • 1223247B-1DFB-462D-88AA-920B4B9FF7FB.jpeg
    1223247B-1DFB-462D-88AA-920B4B9FF7FB.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 126
  • 96CEBC69-4A99-4DFC-BE36-ABC531DA29AC.jpeg
    96CEBC69-4A99-4DFC-BE36-ABC531DA29AC.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 125

Commander Clint

Padawan
Like Chris mentioned, you have to switch to the desktop mode to see the pictures. I'm awful with mobile devices. But I think it's this button that will switch.

If there is anything else, just let me know. :D

96CEBC69-4A99-4DFC-BE36-ABC531DA29AC.jpeg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Great guys. You learn something new every day.

Next question, I get into the Coo guides and am met with blank imagery. Is this a photo bucket issue? And if so I've used the photobucket fixer to resolve in Firefox on my desktop, but I rarely use the desktop and have never had success installing the fix on the iPad. Any hints and tips?

Attachments

• E2AEE193-FE10-4F49-B155-7A938C652300.jpeg
    E2AEE193-FE10-4F49-B155-7A938C652300.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 101

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:

Next question, I get into the Coo guides and am met with blank imagery. Is this a photo bucket issue? And if so I've used the photobucket fixer to resolve in Firefox on my desktop, but I rarely use the desktop and have never had success installing the fix on the iPad. Any hints and tips?
To see the pictures you need to be a member.
If you join, your find it a very friendly place, I would really recommend it.

bobbybobs

Padawan
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks mate, we do our best :)

Great to see some SWFUK members signing up. We have a pretty special relationship with some members from this forum and from the Vintage Rebellion team.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
bobbybobs said:
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks mate, we do our best :)

Great to see some SWFUK members signing up. We have a pretty special relationship with some members from this forum and from the Vintage Rebellion team.
Your more than welcome.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

I'm a member already and that pic is with me logged in. I joined about 3 months ago but have never used it because well, as you can see, I can't use it on my iPad. Wondered what I was doing wrong as so many people have great things to say about it. Must be user error otherwise others would have complained. Does anyone else access it on iPad?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Mini99 said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

I'm a member already and that pic is with me logged in. I joined about 3 months ago but have never used it because well, as you can see, I can't use it on my iPad. Wondered what I was doing wrong as so many people have great things to say about it. Must be user error otherwise others would have complained. Does anyone else access it on iPad?
I only use an Ipad or Iphone and they both work fine.
I had the issue initially of how to get the site to display correctly, but once I learn't how to do that I've had no problems.
I have noticed that there is an App advertised when log in - Topic'it mobile app, not used it as I haven't needed to, may ne worth a shot?
I'm more than happy to help if I can.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I have just been looking at a COO guide and have had the same issues you experienced.
I found that I needed to re select the "desktop" version again as when moving to the COO guide page my pad had changed back to mobile version!
Give that a go , maybe all you need to do?

Commander Clint

Padawan
Some of the coo images are still not showing up because of photobucket. I've tried the photobucket fixes, but they don't seem to work with the TXI forum software. We are still trying to re-upload all the images using the built in forum photo hosting software. Hopefully we have the rest of them fixed soon.

The Topic it app, is similar to Tapatalk.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Commander Clint said:
Some of the coo images are still not showing up because of photobucket. I've tried the photobucket fixes, but they don't seem to work with the TXI forum software. We are still trying to re-upload all the images using the built in forum photo hosting software. Hopefully we have the rest of them fixed soon.

The Topic it app, is similar to Tapatalk.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
If I get a chance I'll take a look on my Mac as I've applied the photobucket fix there effectively on other sites. If the Coo guide is working on there I'll assume it's a photobucket issue on the iPad and try and determine a solution on one of the browsers.

Thanks for all the help so far, switching to desktop in the top bar at a flick of the switch was a great bit of info and useful for a number of sites.

Commander Clint

Padawan
I've had success with the photobucket fixes on my iMac, and it works fine on some of the other forums. But not on TXI or TIG. We both use the same forum software.

The problem is definitely on the forum. Your iPad should be working fine. I just checked the forum with my old iPad. The figure guide & the odd section seem to be working properly. But we've replaced all those pictures already. The coo guide is the last on the list.

I don't use my phone or iPad. My eye sight isn't what it used to be. :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Commander Clint said:
I've had success with the photobucket fixes on my iMac, and it works fine on some of the other forums. But not on TXI or TIG. We both use the same forum software.

The problem is definitely on the forum. Your iPad should be working fine. I just checked the forum with my old iPad. The figure guide & the odd section seem to be working properly. But we've replaced all those pictures already. The coo guide is the last on the list.

I don't use my phone or iPad. My eye sight isn't what it used to be. :lol:
Thank you for advice. I'll check out those sections later if I get a bit of spare time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom