SWFUK PODCAST Rebranding

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Definatly Michael, be happy to do Follies, just been crazy busy recently, but will defiantly make time with the lads.

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I heard you were distancing yourselves from the forum, but I can see that it's the right move for you guys. You've done an awesome job with the podcast and you deserve all the success you've had. Making changes to grow your audience is the smart thing to do.

However I can empathise with Jamie, I might be wrong but wasn't the original idea to create an SWF podcast? I seems a bit lame to me to change based on the opinions of people who don't use the forum. One of the best things about this place is the fact that we 'do it our way'. **** everyone else.

But again, if you guys have a chance to make something really great that reaches behond the forum, you should definitely take it.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
BadMotivator said:
I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I heard you were distancing yourselves from the forum, but I can see that it's the right move for you guys.

seems a bit lame to me to change based on the opinions of people who don't use the forum. One of the best things about this place is the fact that we 'do it our way'.

Not really distancing ourselves from the forum. We are still all very british.. (maybe not Grant.. I think hes part hobbit), we'll still talk about the same stuff and be british centric,.. in fact.. I don't think much will change.

The 'chive cast is very much a product of Rebelscum..
The Vintage Rebellion will very much be a product of swfuk.. this is our home, we just need to spread our wings a bit and etc etc all been said.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
I really think some guys are missing our point entirely. I think this thread has run its course.

I think the point is 2 fold:

1. To expand the range of audience and grow the following of the Podcast in order to increase it's viability and thus marketability.

2. To distance itself from "a not so correct SW forum" which also has an acronym that appears to say "FUK" which confuses some of the tree stumps and nob gobblers out there..

I actually get it from a spreading your wings thing and keeping it tied to a small niche type forum constrains how far you can go with it.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Think you've done the right thing guys. I must admit, I wanted a forum t-shirt, but at the end of the day, there's no way I could have worn it as I have two young children and I'm a primary school teacher and regularly bump into pupils when out shopping etc.

Richard_H

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
Richard_H said:
I really think some guys are missing our point entirely. I think this thread has run its course.

I think the point is 2 fold:

1. To expand the range of audience and grow the following of the Podcast in order to increase it's viability and thus marketability.

2. To distance itself from "a not so correct SW forum" which also has an acronym that appears to say "FUK" which confuses some of the tree stumps and nob gobblers out there..

I actually get it from a spreading your wings thing and keeping it tied to a small niche type forum constrains how far you can go with it.

You've got British blood in you somewhere. :D

benny100

Sith Lord
I think I must be the biggest dumb ass ever, or the most innocent, I never got the slightly offensive fcuk connotation!
Best of luck with the new (same) podcast, name is a name and if it expands the listener base then that's only good news.
It's not like you can't listen just because it's not a swfuk branded podcast, it's like having a great wife and a sexy mistress!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom