SWFUK Family Trip: ROTJ London 5th October.

mumbo

Sith Lord
I'm in :D and I shall be accompanied by a very special guest, one that has not been mentioned on the programme schedule.

Reckon I'll be arriving between 4-5, what is everyone's plans?

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Brilliant.

Is the special guest George Lucas? :p

Pre-ordered this from Amazon- glad it arrived in time...and it HUGE. Its going to take months to read this. Buy it! :D

2013-10-04133731_zps812d7615.jpg

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
It's £40 but I got it for £25 of amazon pre-order.

I think £40 is a bargin to be honest. It's the book that keeps on giving. If I was working at the moment I would have order the other 2 without thinking twice.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
I will be getting this book at some point. Not to fussed about getting it signed so haven't bought it yet.

Have bought the ESB one from Stevie (TheSLider) on here but hasn't turned up yet.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
The book is amazing.

Just read the February 24th 1981 rough draft summary. :eek:

I got to get the other 2. Holy crap-

I bash Lucas as much as anyone else pissed off with greedo shoots first, jar jar etc....

But reading this, the guy is a genius. Just not a good scriptwriter/director.

2 freakin death stars!..... off to read some more.

TC-14

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
The book is amazing.

Just read the February 24th 1981 rough draft summary. :eek:
Blimey, two days before my 11th birthday... I love books like this that put everything into a timeline context, so that you can align yourself with the unfolding events of the period- cracking stuff.

I'm going to invest in this mighty tome. And I take it there are similar publications on Star Wars and Empire? Those impending dark winter evenings will positively fly by! :wink: :D

I really should be getting some shut-eye, early start on the London bound train in the morning... but I must admit, I am just a little bit giddy (too giddy to sleep) about tomorrow evening.

Very much looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying a big screen viewing- how a Star Wars film should be seen :D

lee gray

Sith Lord
I wish I had seen thiis earlier but dobt usaally check events. Hope everyone had a good time

mumbo

Sith Lord
Had a real blast, great to meet up with fellow forum members Grant, Chris, Martin, Jez and mini Darth Vader (Leo). Watching ROTJ on the big screen was simply amazing! I got goose bumps when the reel started to roll :lol: and having my son with me was a nice touch and of course my forum buddies :)

Some pics

Father and son

fa276ecc-2dbc-4bc8-a3e8-2b3397d8eb23_zpsc00bfa87.jpg

Stormtrooper slayer

87ca4ca7-6aa6-4a15-be0a-f740f563940a_zpsda45000b.jpg

0c127360-7c05-4abf-8ed3-acb0fdec44e8_zps8047f834.jpg

Star Wars 3D

69e92c88-aef1-4d24-b76d-2e6747b49bf6_zps5f5b5bbe.jpg

The Crew

9da49201-6d0e-443f-9037-d114f9f1e68e_zps9d4e819f.jpg

Great evening :D

x-pack

Grand Master
Ha! Great photo of the guys.

Martin - do you live in a manor house and sip port whilst shooting pheasant from your balcony? :wink: I will forgive the lack of SWFUK T-shirt for the splendid suit 8)

chazb73

Sith Lord
Great pics chaps - wish I could have been there also. Martin looking as dapper as ever :)

No pics of you Mumbo?

Jez

Sith Lord
Another wonderful SWFUK experience :)

It was great to meet Martin & Mumbo (& Mumbo Jnr) for the first time. It's always an absolute pleasure to meet up with Grant & Chris.

The film? Absolutely cracking watching it on the big screen, i got a massive case of the goosebumps when Luke and Vader were dueling after Vader said he'd go after Leia, epic!

The Q&A session afterwards was excellent, Jeremy Bulloch is hilarious

A wonderful Father Son experience, especially after i saw the same film at the cinema with my Dad when i was 8.
And thanks to Grant, treating Leo to 3 loose figures (PD, Small Head Han and an Endor Luke !!) we spent the afternoon playing with Leo's figures and my AT AT & Falcon. The whole experience truly fired up Leo's enthusiasm for Star Wars.

I'm sure you will appreciate the imagination and fun times a kid can have with vintage figures: Leo wanted to recreate the Falcon chess board scene, but doesn't have the correct figures, "It's ok Dad, 8D8 can be C3PO, Power Droid can be R2, and i don't have a Farmboy but Luke Bespin can hold the Emperors cane for a Lightsaber!" Excellent, i'd have never have thought of that :)

photo4_zps6a40963e.jpg

Star Wars will live for ever

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez, that is awesome. Leo is a true Jedi. I can see he will definitely follow in your footsteps.

What a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Was great to finally meet Martin after all the long chats we've been having lately. A great guy and very much a gentleman. As always, love meeting up with Grant and Jez. Great to see Stephen (Mumbo) again and also fantastic having the 2 young jedi's along with us big kids as well!!! :D

I love going to the cinema and this event was extra special. I actually smiled and got goosebumps when the opening dialogue was scrolling up the screen. Magic moment as I never thought I would actually get to watch Jedi on the big screen.

Q&A session was fantastic. Jeremy Bullock is hilarious, met him 3 times now and sat through 2 Q&A's with him but each time more facts and stories come out.

A fantastic and great experience that I will never forget. Roll on November for the next meet up. :D

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Awesome lads, glad you all had a good time. Can't help getting jealous when I read the stories. :D

Good to see the tshirts 'on tour' too. :lol:

TC-14

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
Martin - do you live in a manor house and sip port whilst shooting pheasant from your balcony? :wink:
Yes Barry, I do. In all honesty, my valet dressed me for the Grouse Shoot which was actually taking place the day after. You can't get the staff, nowadays :wink:

Well, this was my first SWFUK meet-up, and I can honestly say I couldn't have met a nicer bunch of guys- what a cracking evening. And a real honour to be in the presence of a Mini Jedi Knight and a Mini Sith Lord :D

Now, Return Of The Jedi is my least favourite of the original trilogy, and I thought this would be a great chance to try and redress the balance and give that film a little more respect than what I have allowed of late. I had no idea what a rare event this would turn out to be, and how difficult it is for a picture house to obtain the rights to show a classic Star Wars reel... so armed with that information my evening was set up nicely.

Right from the get-go, I had goosebumps... as the velvet curtains parted and the cinema screen enveloped our panoramic vision, witnessing once again that classic line "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." accompanied by the hushed silence of the auditorium, only to be thrilled by the PARP of the LSO's principal trumpeter Maurice Murphy; it felt like everybody was ready to be taken on that journey once again.

And what a journey. I'm pleased to report that 'Jedi' is now up there with Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back in my own personal estimations, where it should be. I'm also pleased to say that this turnaround of opinions was made possible by sharing the experience with Chris, Grant, Jez, Jez Jnr as Darth Vader, Mumbo and Mumbo Jnr as Luke Skywalker... great company.

Absolutely wonderful to get a chance to chat to everyone about all things Star Wars- talking to Grant, Chris, Jez and Mumbo throughout the evening really made it for me- a real sense of camaraderie. Junior Chubb, you should have been there!

Very much looking forward to the next SWFUK jolly :lol:

Upon our parting of the ways at Leicester Square tube station yesterday evening, I left behind an extremely busy crowd only to be greeted by an eerily quiet and lonely walk towards the Piccadilly Line... this was the scene that lay before me:

photo_zps65bba3a3.jpg

...and I am not ashamed to say that my eyes widened and my pace quickened as I was beginning to think I was going to be greeted with this:

0.jpg

...but only because I wasn't armed with my BSA 12 bore, y'understand :wink: Pip pip!

x-pack

Grand Master
Was about to say it ..then scrolled down. Werewolf attack!! :eek:

:lol:

Looked like a great trip out for the lads and younglings. As the young and cool hipsters say these days - 'well jel'

Interested to see who's planning on going to Farthest From.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom