Summer weather and MOCs

jared007

Padawan
Hi,

So we had nice stretches of warm weather this year during summer. I've just opened up a box that I've been storing my MOC in for many months. The cards seem more warped than I ever remember! Has this happened to anyone else?

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

P.s. this iPad image upload is great!

MarkG

Jedi Master
If they are just stuck in a box like that then any change of temperature or humidity will case all kinds of issues. Best to keep them in staircases or acrylic cases as they will help to keep them flat.

jared007

Padawan
spoons said:
Where did you keep the box?

Box itself had polystyrene inner box, so thought that would insulate and keep a flat temperature. Other than that, the box was kept on a high shelf. My flat was really hot some days though -- mid twenties consistently for weeks on end. May be time to invest in some acrylic MOC cases now ...

yoda

Sith Lord
What about the cold? I have bits in the loft and its a few degrees warmer than outside. Has anyone had any damage to stickers on ships or card bubbles when it gets cold in the winter.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
Think it's fairly well established that it's heat and humidity that are the greatest enemies of carded figures. Although extreme anything is never a good thing. Consistency is the key.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom