Storm Trooper MOC

BitofaGeek

Hi,

I've been given a Star Wars collection and was told this figure is quite valuable. The packaging looks like new and I cannot find anything to suggest it has been recarded, except that the image on the card is not as sharp as on later figures. But, because this is the earliest MOC piece I've ever owned I don't have anything else to compare it with - ie perhaps the images on earlier packaging quite as sharp as on later versions. Any idea of value and opinions as regards it's authenticity would be gratefully appreciated! Thanks

starwars002.jpg

starwars003.jpg

starwars001.jpg

PGowdy

Grand Master
Very much so. The hook tab is a dead giveaway. Way too central That's just for starters.
Worth a tenner at best i'm afraid.

BitofaGeek

PGowdy said:
Very much so. The hook tab is a dead giveaway. Way too central That's just for starters.

Thanks for your advice. You said 'for starters' - what else should I look for?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
What if a scammer, trying to perfect his art, would ask this question?

Edit: obviously I meant scammer here and not spammer, but it was posted in a hurry. :roll:

PGowdy

Grand Master
BitofaGeek said:
PGowdy said:

Thanks for your advice. You said 'for starters' - what else should I look for?

As mentioned above, making no accusations but if an item's fake it's fake. It doesn't matter what about this is fake. The less said to a stranger the better for various reasons. suffice is to say, all the packaging is fake. The figure is real and i have no idea about the weapon but i would guess fake.

BitofaGeek

Well, I'm obviously disappointed. Just to reassure you, I'm not a 'spammer' and also not a 'him'. :lol:

But, point taken. I do have quite a few bits in the collection that I feel more comfortable with, but this piece just didn't 'sit right', so thanks again :)

Mandy

Chewie

Jedi Master
This is why I'm scared of starting a carded collection...I wouldn't have a clue what to look out for to tell a real one from a fake one :? When it comes to a loose collection I can spot a fake weapon in a heartbeat......but carded figures, I've absolutely no idea.

I guess I'll have to buy afa carded figures to be safe.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
No way Neil. Youd be fine Im sure. Once youve seen a few then it is pretty easy to tell the difference. There are some half decent fake MOCs out there but they are still pretty easily distinguishable I think.

Chewie

Jedi Master
I have been thinking about it, as I've almost finished my loose collection. Is the book by John kellerman a good guide into collecting carded figures?

tigerham

Sith Lord
You can tell from the punch tab that it's been punched and then put back as it has that slight crease/bend in the middle. I know cos thats how I did mine, lol! ;)

Chewie

Jedi Master
aussiejames said:
Chewie said:
Is the book by John kellerman a good guide into collecting carded figures?
It's a great book outright, wait for the second edition to be released soonish.

I'm glad you told me there was a new one on the way :D I'll look forward to getting that then. Anybody know how close it is to being released?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
tigerham said:
You can tell from the punch tab that it's been punched and then put back as it has that slight crease/bend in the middle. I know cos thats how I did mine, lol! ;)

Also the bubble is way to oversized!!!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom