Star Wars ORIGINAL VIDEO Box Set.

robski111

Hi there,
I've just joined the forum in the hope to get some advice on wether or not my videos are worth anything. I was brought them by my older brother in about 1986/7 (i think :? ) and have been in my possesion ever since.It is an original box set of the VHS videos, not remastered or anything. It must be the very first box set of videos that came out. I have looked all over the internet to try and find another like it but cant find them. They are in a black box with a picture on one side of luke holding his light sabre above his head with leah and various other pictures on the rest of the box. Does anyone have ony info on this??? If anyone would like any more information about them then please let me know.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Rob :)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
there's an earlier valuation thread about one of these. Here's the reply that was given in that thread:

PGowdy said:
Bavk in the late 90's the original Star Wars cassettes were selling for between 50 and 100 quid. In the last 5 years VHS tape sales have plummeted to almost no value at all. I have about 600 of the things and they are all going in the shed. You just can't sell them.

Someone is selling the same tape as yours on ebay right now - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMPIRE-STRIKES-BACK-CBS-FOX-PRE-CERT-RELEASE-/380307728401?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Videos&hash=item588c1b6811#ht_500wt_1156
So Ron was actually not far wrong.

robski111

Ok thanks for that. Couldn't see any star wars videos on that ebay link you put on but i'll take your word for it.
Cheers.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
robski111 said:
Ok thanks for that. Couldn't see any star wars videos on that ebay link you put on but i'll take your word for it.
Cheers.

No, ebay links aren't visible any more after 3 months. This thread was from before that.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7723&p=111839&hilit=vhs#p111839

av6

Jedi Knight
If this is the boxset on the 'All Time Greats' label, I've been after one of these for years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom