Star Wars Dioramas Section? Is there a need?

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if the UK site is in need of a Custom Diorama section so that members on SWFUK who don't post on RS have an option to chat and discuss, upload pics, do tutorials, reference, tips and tricks but mainly upload their own custom dioramas.

I ask because I have just completed my first Star Wars one which was made for Dennis (maniac79) and would like to know more about it all, create my own and possibly (if my work is good enough) offer a bespoke service for people who are interested. :wink:

I will have to wait to upload pics as Dennis hasn't received it yet. I really struggled with lighting so a UK version would be very helpful!

I obviously have started to use the US version on RS but as you can imagine all the tools and materials are all US based and very hard to track down, buy and get delivered!

This is the only project I have completed before is a scaled AMON HEN which was made from scratch:

P1050869.jpg

P1050875.jpg

P1050870.jpg

P1050877.jpg

If there isn't much demand over here then I understand and may have to find a modelling forum?!

Let me know your thoughts guys.

Bram
:D

Grant

Sith Lord
Hey Bram nice work Dude. Speak to Wolfy. He's the man for making Dio's.

Regards

Grant.

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Cheers Grant.

I will contact Wolf, its just I know how busy everyone is and the amount of questions I need answered would be A LOT!!

I will continue to do my research over on RS and probably try and find some more stuff out on You-tube for now.

I may do Todd, just wanted to find out how many people would be interested really?!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
As you still cant edit the first post in the "custom dioramas" section over on RS I would say this one here is needed. :mrgreen:

Dont know how many folks would chimn in here, but if they do this could be getting big because of the disadvantages over on RS...seriously...it is just ****n annoying if you have to search through the whole thread to find all the pictures and when you dont even know if the project is finished or when it was updated last!

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Tell me about it... I just found one that was startedin 2008 and had 7 pages... read all the way through and they onlygot to the first stage of painting!!

I'll start one (maybe just for us) in the Showcase Section and they can make it a sticky or not... At least if its user friendly here we may get a few more members joining for dioramas alone!!

Cheers,

Bram

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Bram... super piece congrats bud
I really think this forum would benefit, I for one would use as a reference.
Dios are really cool and allow you to have your own piece unique to you, and as you say im sure that there would be
buyers as well

super piece Bram congrats 8) 8)

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Cheers matey.

Have posted in the showcase and its been put near the top!

I did this diorama when my little boy ws very small, thinking that I could carry it on... More fool me.

Just getting back into it now!! He will be going to Nursery most mornings so I am hoping to start a new one this week.

Will keep you guys posted.

Bram

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ask my Mrs :lol:

Seriously Bram it is really nice and you can stand back and say " I did that"
Love it pal 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom