Star Wars diecast

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Hi guys

I've changed my diecast display a little as I'm acquiring more shelf space due to parting with other items.
It's still an ongoing focus as I'm struggling to find nice examples of a snowspeeder and cloud car for instance. I'm sure it's easier to find nicer Tie Bombers :?
Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be most appreciated :wink:

Regards
Paul

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180613-202543.png
    Screenshot_20180613-202543.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 269

coomber75

Sith Lord
awesome work mate, just started on this too, tye snowspeeder and cc seem a nightmare to find, im also down a ywing so love the look if yours!!!

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Thanks Russ, Coomber and Snake.
Diecast have always been a bit of a passion but kept getting ditracted over the years with other items, I'm sure you all know how it is :wink:

Cardbackkid said:
Wow super collection ! Is that a miscard I can see ?

Thanks mate, yes it was a piece i picked up about a decade ago, can't remember if it was from rebelscum or not?
I previously had a loose small wings with the original card which i recently had cased in acrylic as it kept sliding in my crude display when i wanted to touch and feel it.
Nearly dropped it twice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180614-073355.png
    Screenshot_20180614-073355.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 257

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
Cardbackkid said:
Looks fantastic mate ! Is it a preproduction piece ?

Yes it is, although i think they were close to going to production so there are around 50 known pieces worldwide so certainly not unattainable for any collector.
They can be found on two different mock up cards, some were on miscards and some were on the correct Vader Tie cards.

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Pulsar said:
Cardbackkid said:

Yes it is, although i think they were close to going to production so there are around 50 known pieces worldwide so certainly not unattainable for any collector.
They can be found on two different mock up cards, some were on miscards and some were on the correct Vader Tie cards.

Very cool 8)

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
mr_palitoy said:
Great looking display! Just have loose and cardbacks myself so far.

:)

Jason

Thanks Jason.

I forgot to add about the carded mock ups, as is the case with mine i have yet to see one of these with an inner bubble that prevents Vader Jettisoning from his cockpit
Apparently Lucas was going to include this in a Star Wars A New Hope Super Special Edition where the dark lord parachutes onto the fourth moon of Yavin.
I've seen the footage it's great but when it gets to the cantina scene and Wally shoots first it loses credibility!

spoons

Grand Master
Pulsar said:
Cardbackkid said:

Great set up Pulsar!

Your DV Card is also a prototype as the released version has Boba Fett on the back - yours doesn't and the bubble area is smaller on the front. Kenner Canada used the prototype card as a basis for their 20 back, but that's different again

Pulsar

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
Pulsar said:
Cardbackkid said:

Great set up Pulsar!

Your DV Card is also a prototype as the released version has Boba Fett on the back - yours doesn't and the bubble area is smaller on the front. Kenner Canada used the prototype card as a basis for their 20 back, but that's different again

I didn't know that Spoons, you're a fountain of knowledge 8)

Thanks guys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom