Star Wars Celebration Europe 3 - July 15th - 17th 2016

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi Guys! :)

Look who is back from a hiatus!

Hope everyone is well!

I have been collecting much at all lately but couldnt miss out on a UK Celebration!

Looking forward to catching with you guys at CE. Cant wait to hear about what I have missed! :D :D

I will be around from late Thursday until Sunday!

And sincere apologies for not being on the boards much too. Life got in the way and I lost a bit of interest but I am going to attempt to try and get back in things again . :)

itfciain

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
Hi Guys! :)

Look who is back from a hiatus!

Hope everyone is well!

I have been collecting much at all lately but couldnt miss out on a UK Celebration!

Looking forward to catching with you guys at CE. Cant wait to hear about what I have missed! :D :D

I will be around from late Thursday until Sunday!

And sincere apologies for not being on the boards much too. Life got in the way and I lost a bit of interest but I am going to attempt to try and get back in things again . :)

Great news Liam - good to have you back mate

itfciain

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
[

Great news Liam - good to have you back mate

Thanks Iain!

Hope life over the pond is treating you well mate.[/quote]

Can't complain mate, can't complain :D

Will have a catch up with you for sure

Joe

Grand Master
Glad to hear you are going to be at CE Liam! Look forward to meeting you finally mate!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
After seeing the fiasco that will be queuing for most of Celebration I reckon I'll be attending all of the podcast stuff and that's about it!

I'm assuming not all Celebrations have been like this?

You even need a wristband to get into the shop before the exclusives are all gone?

adampbooth

Padawan
robpmarsh said:
After seeing the fiasco that will be queuing for most of Celebration I reckon I'll be attending all of the podcast stuff and that's about it!

You even need a wristband to get into the shop before the exclusives are all gone?

Yeh its ridiculous! Unless you live in london and are prepared to queue over night you've got no chance of getting panel wristbands or the exclusives...

I feel sorry for anyone with kids because everyone has to be there in person to receive a wristband so i really cant see anyone letting/making their younglings stay up all night for a wristband....

they really should have just allowed queuing from the morning and not over night...

ATAT64

Youngling
Well, this is my first Celebration, and I reckon my last. I've gone from excitement of it all to see and do, to sheer disappointment now I realise that as I'm only there for the Saturday, practically all of the stuff I might like to have bought exclusive wise will be gone on Friday. My other half cannot believe how complicated the process is for getting in to a show. Why didn't they post out the badges!

Saturday for me is:-

1. Queue at Richmond for train/tube.
2. Queue for the queue, to get in the queue to get in the door.
3. Queue for my badge I've already paid for, which then gives me the right to queue for some events/talks/shops that I may not get to see.

I am so disappointed, almost heartbroken over what I thought would be a lovely day out for my G/F and me, is now turning in to standing around, and a mad rush to try to find one single exclusive item...even if its a bookmark, just to say I've been.

But hey, I hope you all have the greatest of times.

Steve

nottscoupe

Youngling
Hi,

I have lost the e-mail after purchasing my Friday ticket.

Does anybody know if I need this to collect the tickets?

Thanks, Grant

SOJ

Sith Lord
nottscoupe said:
Hi,

I have lost the e-mail after purchasing my Friday ticket.

Does anybody know if I need this to collect the tickets?

Thanks, Grant

From what I've read online, yes you need the email 100%. There is an email address for help on the back of my confirmation: [email protected] I'd email them and see if they can help.

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
robpmarsh said:

I'm only going for the Saturday but if it's likely that I'm going to be queueing all day & wont get a chance to see anything then I might not bother! :(

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Starting to worry about this now. I'm taking my boys and two of my nephews on Saturday. Looks like we'll be queuing most of the day. Great.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Cazza said:
Starting to worry about this now. I'm taking my boys and two of my nephews on Saturday. Looks like we'll be queuing most of the day. Great.

It does look like other than the main exhibitor halls everything else, the stages and panels etc all invovle queuing for wristbands to get in. I wouldn't worry though Cazza, queuing during the day will be too late and they will all be gone, they are having queuing all night. It's a pisstake if you ask me, basically you won't get to see any of the stage stuff unless you're prepared to stay up all night standing in a queue! **** that :|

Joe

Grand Master
Aiming to avoid most queues if possible. I was never going to CE for the modern exclusives, autographs or panels on SW lego games etc so this wristband thing doesn't bother me much. Friday will likely be the only day I'll willingly stand in a queue to get in, I'm more than happy waltzing in Sat + Sun after the lines have disappeared.

I'm just going for the people, the atmosphere and possibly the drink too :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Don't panic peeps. Only the huge ones will sell out. I may be totally wrong here but I think you will still get wristbands at 9am if you wander up.

What you mustn't do is take a wristband if you aren't going to see the panel as you will stop someone else getting in.

In Anaheim there was one panel we queued for a long time for, and that was the opening ceremony. Even rogue 1 was only an hour beforehand and didn't fill up.

The exclusives will be overnight queues, because greedy bastards flip them.

I see a few people going for ONE DAY and moaning. There will be enough on the floor alone to keep you busy for a day.

I have been to three celebrations now. I have never queued overnight for anything and I have never not got into something I wanted to see. Tickets haven't even sold out for some days yet so it won't even be full.

Go with an open mind. Don't go with a downer before you get there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom