Smack my bitch up! Dengar collection.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Josh, the Dengar run is really looking great! You've managed to track down some top items and I love the display case you have for them. It was fun to hear Prodigy too. I still have a copy of that album that I bought in the late 90's. :)

I also love the Aliens items. In gearing up for Prometheus, I rewatched the entire series recently and also listened to a Podcast discussing each film. I had always wondered why they had the sudden push in the early 90's with the toys and various other merchandise more geared toward kids and learned about the Operation Aliens cartoon that was axed before it was even released.

Josh

Sith Lord
Baggies for funky.

Now you can tell me they are the wrong ones for the multipacks or not. As far as I know they are right. :? :lol:

shawn_k said:
Josh, the Dengar run is really looking great! You've managed to track down some top items and I love the display case you have for them. It was fun to hear Prodigy too. I still have a copy of that album that I bought in the late 90's. :)

I also love the Aliens items. In gearing up for Prometheus, I rewatched the entire series recently and also listened to a Podcast discussing each film. I had always wondered why they had the sudden push in the early 90's with the toys and various other merchandise more geared toward kids and learned about the Operation Aliens cartoon that was axed before it was even released.

Cheers, Shawnie. Was wondering how many people would click the vid and then have a look. 8)
Can't wait for Prometheus. Haven't wanted to see a movie so badly since I was a kid. I was really hoping they were going to make the last Predator a half decent movie...what a load of crapolli that was :roll: I am sure Ridley is going to pull it off though. I've already watched enough of the trailers to have probably spoiled myself a little. But that was always going to happen. From what I have seen though, it looks ace.
Send us a link to the podcast mate if you have it handy there. Wouldn't mind a listen.

snaggletooth said:
Great Dengar focus Josh 8) I've never seen that Sears wrapped Dengar before it's awesome, is there many other characters packaged like that?

7 all up, Snags.
Scrolled down the page here to take a look at them and have a read about them.

weasel said:
Great collection Josh! 8)

That room looks like a 1980's toy shop! You not have nightmares about the kids getting in and 'playing' with them?

Nah mate. They have plenty of their own. :lol: I like them looking at them, asking questions etc. The youngest still nabs a few things here and there. Trick is to have so much they're overwhelmed by it all.

Cheers everyone else. It's been fun putting it together.
I am always looking for more....so drop me a PM if you have something that may fit in. 8)

Jez

Sith Lord
Great focus Josh. Loads of time and thought has clearly gone in to that.
Quality display.

Oh and thanks for the vids, cracking

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Josh said:
Nah mate. They have plenty of their own. :lol: I like them looking at them, asking questions etc. The youngest still nabs a few things here and there. Trick is to have so much they're overwhelmed by it all.

Or a door with a lock!

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Thanks for the link Josh, did many of them 7 packs with the the skin wrapped Dengar survive, any chance that you'll ever add one to your collection?

Josh

Sith Lord
Marks got one hasn't he? :p

I honestly don't know much about numbers mate. I don't even bother searching for that sort of thing. Bit out of my price range I think...for now. One day maybe. Dengars one is ace. Has all the droids with him. Coolest IMO.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Wow Josh, what a great character focus! I think it's the best one I've seen, and it looks awesome in the cabinet! How long have you been collecting Dengar for?
Good work mate.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Sorry for the delayed reply Josh, sort of lost the thread there :lol:

From what I can tell your baggies that come with the multi-packs are correct, though that ESB-h one is bloody huge :shock: & boy am I smitten with the Meccano red lable weapons error one - cool, the cloud cite play set one should be heat sealed not tape sealed (hard to tell from your photos) thank you so much for sharing. 8)

Josh

Sith Lord
Lee77 said:
Wow Josh, what a great character focus! I think it's the best one I've seen, and it looks awesome in the cabinet! How long have you been collecting Dengar for?
Good work mate.

Missed this, Lee. :oops: Must be 3-4 years now I guess. :? Little while now. Most of the moc are pretty cheap. I am not that fussy. :D

Frunkstar said:
Sorry for the delayed reply Josh, sort of lost the thread there :lol:

From what I can tell your baggies that come with the multi-packs are correct, though that ESB-h one is bloody huge :shock: & boy am I smitten with the Meccano red lable weapons error one - cool, the cloud cite play set one should be heat sealed not tape sealed (hard to tell from your photos) thank you so much for sharing. 8)

NP, Funky. Thanks for having a looksy.
I always knew the red label ones as Kenner Employee store baggies?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
May well be as there are 2 know baggies with the red lables from what I understand (or think I understand :lol: ) one is the Maccano counter top store baggies & the others are the keener employee ones, maybe Joe can shed a little more light as I think he knows more than I do on these

FLETCH

Padawan
Wow great collection josh awesome focus and display I haven't looked at showcase or the forum for ages now I understand why you wanted the NSW Dengar

loving He Man figures can remember have quite a few of those when I was a kid

Joe

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
May well be as there are 2 know baggies with the red lables from what I understand (or think I understand :lol: ) one is the Maccano counter top store baggies & the others are the keener employee ones, maybe Joe can shed a little more light as I think he knows more than I do on these

Yeah the Meccano store baggies with the red stickers look like this:

macaur2baggie.jpg

The store display looked like this:

coffret_promo.jpg

Anddd the paperwork associated with that offer looked like this:

echantillon4.jpg

The red stickered Kenner employee baggies came from Bill Wills and are explained here in his FS post:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1016094/

Both cool but the Meccano ones are amazingly rare, the Kenner Employee ones are just kinda goofy but fun at the same time :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom