shops in greater manchester?

jezza124

Jedi Master
does any one know any good shops around greater manchester for vintage star wars i always buy off ebay but it would be good to have a proper look at them first :? :?

:oops: i know ive put this in the wrong part of the forum
too many vodkas :D :D

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
:oops: i know ive put this in the wrong part of the forum
too many vodkas :D :D[/quote]

you can never have to many vodkas 8)

i havent bought of ebay for ages ,prefer to get them of people selling on here as they are more trust worthy ......and do great credit deals :wink:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
kerry1977 said:
Is there any shops in the UK that deal with vintage star-wars

there is a stall on doncaster market but he is to dear and a toy stall on barnsley market as well that has a falcon ,b wing and hoth base but asking way to much ,also at meadow hall i think there is a shop down that lanes bit near the food part that sells stuff though it may just be film stuff

Bollux

Grand Master
went into a shop in london the other day, it was stupidly over priced - loose Nien Nunb Ã'£18.50!
_42048296_extras1.jpg

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
every time i come across some thing in a shop they seem to be asking the top mint condition price for things that are c6

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
kerry1977 said:
Is there any shops in the UK that deal with vintage star-wars

There used to be one in Exeter called Hens Teeth that did vintage figures and autographs and one in Windermere in the Lakes that did figures. Don't know if they are still there.

modellers loft in south London does have some stuff on their website.

Ron

Sith Lord
There is nothing up here in the north of scotland that stock any kind of vintage star-wars there is no many collectors up

Ron

Sith Lord
just had a look at that modellers loft fair play to them for stocking star-wars stuff but there prices are shocking

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I guess vintage SW doesn't have a very high turn over so the shops that stock it have to increase their margins to cover the fact that the items may well sit un-sold for months.

Although increasing prices also means that fewer people will buy them and it becomes a catch 22.

snagbar

Jedi Knight
there is one in burton upon trent.it's on the A5121 derby st close to the junction of byrkley st.sells a lot of boxed stuff and loose figures.loads of other vintage toys.BUT its not a guy that i particually warmed to, prices seemed very reasanable so picked out quite a few ,then of course he knows your interested in them when you go to pay the price has gone up greatly ,that one is mint,that one is rare etc.tosser.

snagbar

Jedi Knight
it's the, that one is mint,that one is rare,bit that get's you .when you can see they are not mint or not particually rare.try to point this out but no joy.

spoons

Grand Master
There's a good shop in Reading, but they don't sell carded as there's no market??

Good for loose, and not too badly priced. The boxed stuff is way too much though. He mostly sells records, and other toys which is where he makes his money.

There used to be a fantastic shop in Leith, but I think its long gone. The guy was retired and selling star wars was his hobby. He used to make loads of customs too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom