Several Star Wars toys for sale

RustyXWing

Hi guys, I recently but some toys in for a sale at a toy auctions which is due to start this coming Thursday. My mother and father brought them from my cousin quite some time ago (approx 26 years ago) and they have been kept in safe storage and now they need to go as we have no room for them any more.

Here is the link for the auction house they are being sold at. One of my lots is number 681 which has a few last 17 figures which I understand are quite popular.

http://www.astonsauctioneers.co.uk/current-auctions.html

Enjoy browsing

RustyXWing

lejackal

Grand Master
Wow, thank you so much! I literally cannot control the excitement, in fact I think a bit of wee just came out :roll:

rdpla

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
Wow, thank you so much! I literally cannot control the excitement, in fact I think a bit of wee just came out :roll:

Whatever you do, as a friendly warning dont look at the palitoys and kaybees they have on offer , coz you will definitely **** yourself :shock:

jayums

Jedi Master
rdpla said:
lejackal said:

Whatever you do, as a friendly warning dont look at the palitoys and kaybees they have on offer , coz you will definitely **** yourself :shock:

If you do **** yourself just sell it as reproduction in this auction.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
lejackal said:

Not really sure this was necessary, blokes purely put up a link to his auction of a few bits he's selling via auction, he's not pushing repro or U grades or attacki anyone, ok he's not introduced him and put it into wrong section but constant sarcasm towards first posters isn't really necessary. perhaps advice towards these people rather than derogative remarks may be more useful.

lejackal

Grand Master
Stuart Skinner said:
lejackal said:

Not really sure this was necessary, blokes purely put up a link to his auction of a few bits he's selling via auction, he's not pushing repro or U grades or attacki anyone, ok he's not introduced him and put it into wrong section but constant sarcasm towards first posters isn't really necessary. perhaps advice towards these people rather than derogative remarks may be more useful.
Am I constantly sarcastic to first time posters?
I thought on a number of occasions I had tried to be helpful although taking the time to point people in the right direction, provide links and offer advice is regularly ignored as I suspect this comment will be as well.
You do have a point though, the attempts at guidance would be better all round.
What I don't understand is why you suddenly feel the need to single out this response against all the others made by various members to similar one post wonders?

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Stuart Skinner said:
lejackal said:

Am I constantly sarcastic to first time posters?
I thought on a number of occasions I had tried to be helpful although taking the time to point people in the right direction, provide links and offer advice is regularly ignored as I suspect this comment will be as well.
You do have a point though, the attempts at guidance would be better all round.
What I don't understand is why you suddenly feel the need to single out this response against all the others made by various members to similar one post wonders?

I'm not singling you out intentionally and sometimes some of these one hit wonders come on and deserve the abuse they get depending on what they've posted but this post here is just a genuine link to his bits on auction. Don't see why it needed such a sarcastic response.

Joe

Grand Master
Was a little over the top I agree. Just FYI, all first posts have to be approved by a moderator, so if you guys are seeing it that means one of us has approved it and we are OK with it being here. It was actually me that approved the OP's thread as it's not against the rules to come here to promote your own auctions (whether they are listed on eBay or by an auction house) and who knows, maybe someone here would have been interested.

If someone is an idiot or here to cause trouble then by all means flame away but there's no real need to get the pitchforks out for every one post wonder we get, it's actually easier to just ignore the thread.

lejackal

Grand Master
It would seem I have been suitably chastised so will refrain from the same abhorrent behaviours in future, although naturally I look forward to the same advice being passed on to the next person to pour scorn on a one post look at my auction wonder.

RustyXWing

Hi guys, I am sorry if I caused offence, I was trying to raise awareness in my lots for a auction.

However I found the initial responses rude and sarcastic, you by responding project a picture of the users of this forum, thankfully you have some more level headed people here.

I can imagine you are all very passionate about this site and hate people like me who maybe 'one post wonders' and do not follows the exact rules.

You all collect Star Wars toys and whilst I have vested interest in the outcome of this auction, I may have let you know about products you may have not otherwise be aware of.

Please be more respectful of such posts in future, next time it may have that elusive model you might be after.

Kind regards

Rusty

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Hi
As you are obviously after the biggest cash back on these figures I would have suggested selling the Yak Face on eBay or even here ( no fees ) as don't think you will get as much on that auction site as too many fakes there

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I think the seller will still do fine, the last few auctions through the parent site have gone bonkers so no reason to think people won't be buying.

What I'm shocked about is that Astons, who used to be on a par with Vectis before Beeches and the Palitoy rep finds, are actually allowing repros and recards to be sold. Might be wrong but I don't recall many auctioneers pedalling that crap. To me, it makes them look a bit desperate for fees, I mean, it's junk to most of us. It's pretty lame ... do they really need the business that much?

Good luck with the sales OP.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
No problem with the seller advertising his products but I'm not sure this is the Sub forum/thread to do so. I thought this was exclusive for members who have the item/items in hand and selling them now. Not at some future date from somewhere else.

Joe

Grand Master
Yeah, we have a sales section and an ebay section that's it! Since this lot is an auction but not an ebay one I left it in here as I wasn't really sure where it fit! Technically the items ARE for sale, just not right now and not directly from the OP :lol:

jayums

Jedi Master
jedisearcher said:
What I'm shocked about is that Astons, who used to be on a par with Vectis before Beeches and the Palitoy rep finds, are actually allowing repros and recards to be sol

^ that.
it's a poor show to see an auction house recycling so much repro (repro weapons, cards and boxes in this sale). A lot of them are going to picked up and then sold on as authentic. Personally I will avoid picking up anything from this particular auction house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom