Sad news regarding forum member Declan McCafferty AKA chipsteak

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks for letting us know Edd.
My thoughts are with his family and friends.
RIP.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Was really saddened this week to see this on Facebook.

When we first started the SWFUK Podcast up he was a huge supporter and use to send some very kind messages. He was an absolute gent and a Star Wars fanatic. Another good guy that has been taken way before his time, they say that the good always die young and this is a fine example.

R.I.P. Declan, may the force be with you!

spoons

Grand Master
Very sad news Edd, and another member lost to the forum way before his time. Hope Declan is with Craig and Darren, and all the other collectors taken too soon and that they are looking down on us - thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP Declan

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I received the below message and photo from Declan's brother Kieran:

Edd, I thought this may be of interest to your members. It was chipsteaks funeral yesterday. And we buried him in a star wars coffin. Here is a screenshot from the service. Finished of his eulogy by saying the star wars box was in mint condition but the contents have been well used and loved.

Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 13.41.55.png

A fantastic send off.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for posting this edd_jedi , I didn't no Declan, but I have thought a lot about him since reading of his passing. Really sad, but I'm pretty sure he would be happy with the send off.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Many thanks for posting this edd_jedi .
What a great end to his eulogy.
Gone but not forgotten.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Although I didn't know Declan personally, the outpouring of condolence from this forum is not only a tremendous credit to its members, it also shows how much affection he was held in.

Thanks edd_jedi for passing on Kieran's message and photo of the wonderful send off they gave Declan. I'm sure you probably have done so already, but if not please pass Kieran all of our condolences in return. The end of the eulogy brought a lump to my throat. He will clearly be much missed.

Jeremy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom