Archived Re: Trip logo Luke stormtrooper ukg80 carded Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
There is no mathematical calculation on the sub grades regarding the overall grade given to a piece :!:
It all comes down to opinion :!: For example I have a carded Luke Bespin AFA 80 subs C80 B85 F85. The card in this case was the factor in the opinion of AFA that overall governed the look of the piece with a light but noticeable surface crease top left of card and noticeable wear on the back of the card. So these card defects were what stood out most to AFA when looking at the overall piece hence the 80 grade. I also have an AFA 85 Han Solo C85 B85 F80. In this case the defects on the figure which r slight discolouration of the arms and a decay of colour on the face did not out weigh the virtually mint card and bubble in the view of AFA hence the 85 grade. I do find a lot of the time that the grade of the card determines the overall grade providing of course there is no massive defect on the bubble or figure.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
MarkG said:
Same as AFA,,, they will always use the lower grade as the main grade.

Unless Brians Toys send it in, and then they'll use the highest. There definitely are graded figures that don't use the lowest grade as the overall grade, eg this one:

They don't always use the lower grade as the overall grade depends on which sub is the lowest grade and what the flaw is. That Hoth Soldier is a prime example. The major flaw in that example is the card which is why it got 60. Even though the bubble and figure are 85 it displays like a 70, if the bubble had only got 60 as well then the overall grade would only have been 60.

I've got MOCs that are graded over all 85 but the card is only 80, they have changed it recently to 85 and 85+, so my example
now would just be an 85 because it's a lower 85.

http://cgagrading.com/ToyGrader/grading_scales.aspx

For the record it's all bollucks and know one should get hung up on it! :lol:

80s_collector

Padawan
80s_collector said:
Tri logo Luke stormtrooper carded figure ukg80
Cash on delivery or Paypal plus 4% or buyer can pay by credit or debit card over the phone.
Price £800

Any questions please on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom