R2

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
What a find dude and 3 rare figures as well. Nice place to start a loose collection. You got any ships, I see the Scout Walker gun I believe, and MF ramp leg :?: :D

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Yossarian75 said:
Clarkspie&chips just wait till I show you the pallet of unopened death stars lol

I hope the pallet is shrink wrapped cos the torrent of jizz that will be coming your way from everyone here will be apocalyptic!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Clarkspie&chips said:
Yossarian75 said:
Clarkspie&chips just wait till I show you the pallet of unopened death stars lol

I hope the pallet is shrink wrapped cos the torrent of jizz that will be coming your way from everyone here will be apocalyptic!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yossarian75

Padawan
Ha ha what a thought :lol:

I've got a few ships etc my falcon isn't in the best condition and that gun is all I have of my scout Walker. There is 30 years worth of dust to clean off them but a few look complete and in decent condition

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great stuff you found there that black palace blaster you have and the poncho and black belt go with Luke battle poncho that another complete last 17 fig you have there.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Great to read this thread. Please do not sell as others have already said. The nostalgia has hopefully hit. It is great fun cleaning and sorting and actually educating yourself what your missing in your collection and finding out what was available at the time.

Welcome to a great forum for vintage Star Wars and you will get great advise on here. Look forward to seeing more photos once sorted.

8)

Yossarian75

Padawan
Box of ships and bits for sorting. I found the cannons for the x wing and snowspeeder just need some batteries to test the electronics. Can you still get blue ever ready :lol:

Attachments

• 20191030_084738.jpg
    20191030_084738.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 788

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Nice one the batterys are a pain in the ass to fit in the snow speeder I find the one closest to the front always gets stuck and often making contact us hit or miss but fingers cross you get them working. If not a restoration might be in order.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Yossarian75 said:
Box of ships and bits for sorting. I found the cannons for the x wing and snowspeeder just need some batteries to test the electronics. Can you still get blue ever ready :lol:

Nice little collection you got their. Think most of us can remember the blue ever readys, they used to be messy when they leaked :lol:

You planning on displaying your collection :?:

subzero

Sith Lord
Always a nice buzz when you rediscover even just a single childhood toy, you've hit the mother-load right there. :)

You're lucky to still have them all, not many people do.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Mate you're lucky to find all that. I would kill to have my childhood figures. I'm lucky to have some ships and a couple of other bits but my figures are gone. If I were you I would put all the childhood figures in a cabinet on their own paired with any weapons I still had. I'd keep them separate from anything else I bought cos they're special :wink:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
Mate you're lucky to find all that. I would kill to have my childhood figures. I'm lucky to have some ships and a couple of other bits but my figures are gone. If I were you I would put all the childhood figures in a cabinet on their own paired with any weapons I still had. I'd keep them separate from anything else I bought cos they're special :wink:

Couldn't agree more!

Yossarian75

Padawan
Good points well made. I'm still not sure what to do with it all. Displaying will have its challenges as I have two boys that would love to get their hands on it. So far I've managed to hide it from them. My reason for looking this stuff out was to sell but seeing it and holding it all again has changed that. I think this could be a very addictive hobby lol

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Robstyley said:

Yes that's a really good point, I keep my childhood toys (which is just 5 figures with no accessories) in a tupperware container away from my main collection, don't want them getting mixed up or accidentally upgraded!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Yossarian75 said:
Good points well made. I'm still not sure what to do with it all. Displaying will have its challenges as I have two boys that would love to get their hands on it. So far I've managed to hide it from them. My reason for looking this stuff out was to sell but seeing it and holding it all again has changed that. I think this could be a very addictive hobby lol

Oh yes its addictive alright :lol:

Hope you have deep pockets and an understanding partner :lol:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Yossarian75 said:
So it begins! That's me bought some figures and bits. Thanks for all your advice folks.

A word of advice; There's a hell of a lot of reproductions out there these days. Some stuff will catch out even a seasoned collector. Take your time with purchases and try to buy from reputable sellers if you can, either on here or through some of the more well known Facebook groups. Also, if you're able to make it, there's the best vintage Star Wars toy show in the UK in December near the New Forest, Farthest From.

If you buy from eBay make sure you ask specifically (if not stated clearly in the listing) if the lot is all original vintage. At least then you're covered if someone trues to pull a fast one on you.

Yossarian75

Padawan
Thanks for that, I'm wanting to get weapons for my old figures so will clearly need to do some research on the reproductions. I'm currently getting my head round variants and coos. I think I have a pale face scarred out coo at at commander in my loft find.

Yossarian75

Padawan
These two cleaned up ok. Snowspeeder electrics not working I may open it up and have a look also missing an engine. That speeder saw a lot of action in the eighties lol

Attachments

• 20191102_145530.jpg
    20191102_145530.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 752
  • 20191102_145503.jpg
    20191102_145503.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 751
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom