R2-D2

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very excited to share this :):):)
Definitely a childhood dream - full sized R2D2
Wanted one for so long, had a few sleepless nights worrying about the cost but my wife and daughter convinced me a to treat myself after retiring so here he is, and wow do I love him.
He'll eventually move in to my wee man cave but for now I'm delighted he's in the living room.
FAEA9B24-0286-41A4-8307-D7C95F7356F3.jpeg
CD525B92-00A9-4785-B800-51D164C3697B.jpeg
A192AEF8-4E31-40E4-9694-D91914483949.jpeg

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Looking good DB. There is something about R2 that everyone loves.

Funnily enough, this is my next prop build. Going to buy the parts soon and off we go.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Looking good DB. There is something about R2 that everyone loves.

Funnily enough, this is my next prop build. Going to buy the parts soon and off we go.
Looking forward to following your build, he is just the coolest droid.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Jeez! How did I miss this thread 🙈 Mate, so cool. He looks great, nice and dirty and beat up. Does he have any moving parts or is he a static model? I think a lot of Star Wars fans want their own R2. I've been thinking about it for a long time. I'd like to build one. He really makes a collection room, the ultimate prop replica 👍

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jeez! How did I miss this thread 🙈 Mate, so cool. He looks great, nice and dirty and beat up. Does he have any moving parts or is he a static model? I think a lot of Star Wars fans want their own R2. I've been thinking about it for a long time. I'd like to build one. He really makes a collection room, the ultimate prop replica 👍
He had an amazing set of lights, very screen accurate but no movement. His head could be turned manually.
He had a wooden frame and fibreglass body but it was the weathering/paint job that made him look so good.
I mentioned in my original post how I'd had a few restless nights worrying about how much he cost.

I bought him 1 day after my 50th Birthday and retirement - family convinced me to treat myself but after a few weeks I started to regret buying him, pretty soon I'd convinced myself that it was a mistake, caused a few domestics between me and my wife which kinda ruined it for me, a prop (no matter how cool) isn't worth losing sleep over so I sold him on.

Maybe someday I'll try my hand at building my own. If you are thinking of doing one yourself ping me a pm, I've lots of info that will help (y)

IMG_1402.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom