R.I.P. MCA Beastie Boys

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Beastie Boy Adam Yauch died today, pretty sad news I am a massive Beasties fan and always see them when they play over here
[youtube]OR66VNY6gbk[/youtube]

søren

Jedi Knight
Very sad news . I to am a huge Beastie fan . I just love pauls boutique . When i first heard that record i sat out to find all the sampels . I still have some to go 20+ years after . But damm i have found much great soul music while searching for the samples . Thanks to MCA , Ad Rock and Mike D .

I still love the way they always make old school hip hop sound new and fresh in a old school way .

Did you get to see them live ? I did at least 2 times . Fist time was in 94 . This is on my to five concerts of all times . And i have seen ALOT as i have been working in the live buisness since 95 .

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Saw them first at Glastonbury 94 bunked our way under the fence, superb set just as they released Ill Communication. DJ Hurrican had just released his LP so was doing some tracks with them too. Lost all the Bro's but we met up down the front just as they came on stage.

Saw the Hello Nasty tour on the revolving stage, the 5 Boroughs tour at Wenbley and the Mix Up album at Brixton. Got a huge collection of Beasties vinyl which will be getting a good airing this weekend.

The Beasties soundtracked my teen years and still do now. I was only reading the first issue of Grand Royal this week... Damn shame

PGowdy

Grand Master
Sad news. I know he's been ill for quite a while.
I love the Beastie Boys. I play pretty much every time i DJ. Ch-Check It Out is my favourite track.

R.I.P Adam Yauch
[youtube]0i1iGa96GYM[/youtube]

ODB

Jedi Master
Sad day indeed, as long as I have been into music the Beasties have been there. I always liked the way they just seemed to want to entertain. Their finest hour:

[youtube]z5rRZdiu1UE[/youtube]

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
I always loved MCA's part on 'A year and a day' off of Pauls Boutique

[youtube]EEbVuO3Or5E[/youtube]

søren

Jedi Knight
Ok so you did see them . Great :D

PB is still my fave album with them but on al albums the drop a bomb on me . When hip hop is at it's worst they always make me smile with a new album . Where they show the new kids how it's done . And they always pay due to the guys before them .
Like this track http://youtu.be/WeUm2f4QlG0

Where the use Dobble Trubles rime and the Dj cuts up Rappers Delight :D Ummmm i love it .

Have you got the Bootleg record Beastie boys Demos ? It's from around PB

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Yeah I got those Demos, some of the tracks are better than the final versions I think.
Just stuck on the white vinyl Frozen Metal Head EP

lee gray

Sith Lord
Amazing how one of the beasties boys are dead, one of Run Dmc is dead, and one of the fat boys is dead, yet all the ****ing spice girls are still alive.....life's just not fair

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
lee gray said:
Amazing how one of the beasties boys are dead, one of Run Dmc is dead, and one of the fat boys is dead, yet all the ****ing spice girls are still alive.....life's just not fair

Funny you mention the FatBoys I picked up their album Crushin' on vinyl today for 52p

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
tiefighterboy said:
Sad indeed..............I am sure he will not get as much press as some of the washed up crackheads did.

Aint that the truth! :roll:

Smackhead Houston/Winehouse dies and it's all over the news for a week with people wailing outside her house. This barely even got a mention.

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Gutted

i had the pleasure of skating in the same skate park in 1994 as the boys,, they were gents and MCA was a legend.

And this track is all his and very appt.

[youtube]_rDklqPG5pU[/youtube]

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, I'd heard he had had cancer in the past wasn't sure if that was the official C.O.D or not.

RIP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom