POTF Nikto on e-bay

PGowdy

Grand Master
Thanks Frank. I may call them tomorrow. I will inform the greedy bastards that if they don't remove the listing then we will contact the buyer after he has won the item and won way or another, this seller nor the greedy ****ers at ebay will get any money out of this fraudulent auction.

PGowdy

Grand Master
For now i have messaged the guy saying i am interested in putting a large bid on this item but could he send me better pictures so i can the condition of the figure and the back of the card.
The main thing is i wanted to see if the weapon was repro. This gives me more ammunition when i speak to ebay and or the buyer.

e30318is

Sith Lord
£155!!!

Who is bidding on this?! Beggars belief that a seasoned collector would fall for this one. Its quite a niche figure, leading me to believe whoever is bidding knows it's rarity.
Unless it's being shilled?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Ah!, you know you could be right there Ed. I never thought of that. Just checked and he has "hidden" bidders. Which 99% of the time means shill bidding and 99% of the time means a dishonest seller.
You right in saying that to bid on this item (that amount), you'd need to know the item was rare and to know the item is rare you need to be quite a seasoned collector. And if you're a seasoned collector you'd know that this was a custom carded fake.
To me, all these things lead me to now believe this item is being shill bid.
Still gonna keep an eye out for the buyer leaving feedback just in case.
Tho i did do that once before and it turned out to be the seller who had shill bid his own fake item, then left positive feedback on his own account stating he was very pleased with the item... the lengths people will go to!!... :lol:

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

To find out if they are shill bidding which I believe they are, I look at the times when they bid, if your gonna do it at least spread the times and days out!
Look at 19th June there's someone who bids at 13:29:00 then again at 13:29:10 and then again at 13:29:25!!

Then if you look at 23rd Jan at 21:44:40 then again at 21:44:50 and then again at 21:44:58!!

Who bids on such an item like this? How can e-bay overlook it... Oh because the don't really give a F**K!! Money is money to them!

I really hope these jokers get caught... Its infuriating and e-bays stance on it all is "we cannot get involved".... Just likeit is when people bid and then don't pay!! I believe the should change there policies and that a bid is a bid regardless of any circumstance and if you win the item you must pay, they own Paypal so the money should just be deducted from the account once the auction finishes... Its not like you can go to a live auction, bid and then say "oh I didn't mean to".

Its a joke.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Bit late in the day but with any luck it may go some way to stopping people bidding on this -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEWARE-FAKE-STAR-WARS-POTF-NIKTO-SELLING-EBAY-Seller-ID-live-hard-/170769865102?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27c2ad598e#ht_570wt_1189

e30318is

Sith Lord
Cracking work Pete, I like the look of that Nikto of yours, might have to stick a bid on it :lol:

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Ooooooh thats gonna piss him off!

Nice work mate, not sure how long Ebay will let it run though. I saw someone do something similar a few years back trying to warn people about a seller listing a car he didn't own, Ebay pulled it after a couple of hours but left the fraudulent listing up for two more days.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Yeah i figured that. But they'll do what they'll do. Wankers. I used my buying account to do it so no skin off my nose.
Hopefully it will give the seller and his item a little much needed bad press before it is pulled.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Good work Pete, just hope ebay don't **** you for it, this need to happen more often, I am even considering ebid as I hate what ebay has become

My Dad uses Ebid for his coin collecting Frank as for Vintage star wars - in the UK it is virtually non existant mate! :cry:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Good work Pete, just hope ebay don't **** you for it,

There's nothing they can do mate. I use this account just for buying stuff and it's totally separate to my main/selling account.
In fact, if they remove the listing i might just relist it to get them riled. :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
Frunkstar said:
Good work Pete, just hope ebay don't **** you for it, this need to happen more often, I am even considering ebid as I hate what ebay has become

My Dad uses Ebid for his coin collecting Frank as for Vintage star wars - in the UK it is virtually non existant mate! :cry:

Only way to alter that is to take action though & if all of us on the forums started others would follow :idea:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Frunkstar said:
Good work Pete, just hope ebay don't **** you for it,

There's nothing they can do mate. I use this account just for buying stuff and it's totally separate to my main/selling account.
In fact, if they remove the listing i might just relist it to get them riled. :lol:

As long as its no issue if the ban your account Pete then no issue, just thinking of them making your life difficult m8

itfciain

Grand Master
ha ha - that is fantastic

If they take it down then maybe we should all do it in a kind of "I'm Spartacus" way !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom