Post Xmas blues

chazb73

Sith Lord
Does anyone get the post Xmas blues this time of year?

All the build up and hype to Xmas - and its all over in a flash!

I think this is pretty common :?

Anyone feel the same? and what to do about it...

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Such a funny time of the year. December is so busy. Work Christmas parties, meeting up with friends, all the present shopping then a week of massive over indulgence. Then it all stops.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Me and the Mrs went for a walk yesterday around hove and there was no one out and about. I went into brighton and it was dead. Half the shops in the mall were closed as well.

Don't know what the solution is. Next week life starts returning to normal.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Usually we will go for a walk somewhere in the countryside for a bit of peace after all the flying about.

Watch a couple of films ( my Mrs is currently watching The Sound Of Music)

Therefore.......

Just had an hour going through my Tri Logo cardbacks, looking at my loosies, making a list of what I'm after this year.

I know it sounds a bit soppy but Above all take stock of what I actually have :D how there are thousands of people who don't have much at all to look forward to other than the hardships that life has thrown at them, thank my lucky stars :D

Look forward to what 2015 will bring ( especially Dec 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
From memory I think we are at the start of the longest period between bank holidays in the calendar. Always seemed a bit strange that we have such a gap at this time of year. Though I guess the idea is give people time off when the weather is better/less ****.

It's always nice to have the thought in the back of your head that you get an extra day off in a few weeks etc. Now the next bank holiday isn't until bloody April (Good Friday) :roll:

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
I,m so glad it's over .every time I left house I was spending £40plus and **** all to show for it.going Whitby end of January for week and can't ****ing wait .Next year planning on going away for Xmas as it's just same old now.

As for new year I reckon 5 more years and that will be dead on its feet.think we got asked to more house parties then pubs this year.choose pub wished we had gone to a house party

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've always had post xmas blues but as I'm getting older I like the calm after the storm as well. It's nice when new year is mid week as then you go into the weekend straight after. :| :|

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
jabbawokkie said:
As for new year I reckon 5 more years and that will be dead on its feet.think we got asked to more house parties then pubs this year.choose pub wished we had gone to a house party

Never been a fan of NYE, worst night of the year.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
weasel said:
jabbawokkie said:

Couldn't agree more with this. So much pressure to have a good night. Over the top prices, pubs packed to the rafters so you don't get served and so many people that come out once a year. You never see them any other time of the year and they can't handle their ale. So many drunken regrets as well.

chazb73

Sith Lord
Not a new year fan either - I don't drink so that might have something to do with it.

I was in bed for 11.30 new years eve !

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
If everyone went out once a week there would still be loads of pubs.our local its £ 1.70 a pint yet on a sat night its always half empty .surly everyones not that in to x factor

plantman

Sith Lord
i get major blues after boxing day, i want the decorations down ect lol, if it wasnt for the kids i would do.

The actual 3 weeks before xmas is the magical time for me, xmas movies, decorations, music, planning, then the day itself and boxing day family meal and booze up.

then its over lol

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
plantman said:
i get major blues after boxing day, i want the decorations down ect lol, if it wasnt for the kids i would do.

The actual 3 weeks before xmas is the magical time for me, xmas movies, decorations, music, planning, then the day itself and boxing day family meal and booze up.

then its over lol[/quot

Couldn't agree more.

Problem with new year everyone expects to much. This year we stayed in with some close friends and had a great night. Only problem was our friends are still in the baby tunnel and were up at 5am. 8) :? :lol:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
weasel said:
jabbawokkie said:

Couldn't agree more with this. So much pressure to have a good night. Over the top prices, pubs packed to the rafters so you don't get served and so many people that come out once a year. You never see them any other time of the year and they can't handle their ale. So many drunken regrets as well.

I used to go out when I was younger, never enjoyed it that much back then, big anti-climax. I don't drink so ended up as bloody taxi driver taking everyone home :!:

This year and the past few years just went round my best friends house and met a few friends there, nice and civilised (bite to eat, put the world to rights) then back home & in bed by 1AM.

x-pack

Grand Master
Isn't there a certain date around now that's officially the most depressing day of the year?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Think you're right. I think it's today as well. First Monday back at work after xmas, cold, dark, wet, miserable (actually, that's Northern Ireland all year round), bills for xmas in the post etc

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Definitely felt it this year, was fine right up until Jan 1st then as soon as 2015 started I felt pretty down.
Some stuff coming up in a couple of months time that I'm not looking forward to so was trying to hang on to 2014 as long as possible

grinchy

Sith Lord
Yeah i get the post christmas blues, i suffer with depression anyway so it just adds to that, try to stay positive and be upbeat, sometimes its a struggle.
Had a great christmas with the family, can't grumble about that, hope all you guys shake the blues off soon.

chazb73

Sith Lord
grinchy said:
Yeah i get the post christmas blues, i suffer with depression anyway so it just adds to that, try to stay positive and be upbeat, sometimes its a struggle.
Had a great christmas with the family, can't grumble about that, hope all you guys shake the blues off soon.

Sorry to here that Grinchy - I'm the same by the way depression and anxiety have always been a part of my life as long as I can remember

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom