Poon trooper help!

Chico

Jedi Knight
Hi folks,

I purchased a lot of figures recently and amoungst them were a couple of stormtroopers that i'm not sure about. The texture seems slightly off on one of them and i'm a bit suspicious of the paint opps on the arms and helmet.. not to mention the John Wayne pose of the one in the middle :D. I've posted pictures below, the three on the left are the ones under suspicion and the one on the right is original (albeit a bit of a beater!).

Any help to confirm these as safe or fake would be most appreciated.... i really hate the repro crap, makes you paranoid about everything! :evil:

poon_1.jpg

poon_2.jpg

poon_3.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I found the thread, I hope you can use it :wink:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14463&hilit=poon+stormtrooper

x-pack

Grand Master
If they are poons they look pretty good. The one with the weird stance looks odd but it's just the stance.

walkie

Sith Lord
Here's an excellent little guide on how to spot them...

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/reproductionfigures.htm

PGowdy

Grand Master
The wide gate on the middle Stormtrooper is not unusual. You do get them like that. In some cases it's a factory thing, you see them in bubbles with slightly wider or really close together feet. In this case, which looks a little more extreme, it may be 'play-wear' i.e a kid has stretched them out trying to sit him on a Speeder Bike or a Taun Taun.
Just my thoughts on it. I wouldn't know a Poon from a vintage original, sadly.

Chico

Jedi Knight
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses and links to other threads, i'll keep investigating. I'm probably being over paranoid... :D

TheGent

Jedi Master
No, seriously, let us know what and why you recognized what as such. (Sorry for my English). It is always good to know more about this Repro crap. Know your enemy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom