Please don't shoot think I might want some toy tonys

threaders20

Jedi Knight
Hi.
I have just started venturing into carded figures and have bought 5 so far :) I have seen a couple of toy Toni's up for sale and just wondering if I'm crazy for thinking about getting some. Obviously the non toy Toni's are preferable to me, just wondered, I mean if it's an original card, figure, bubble and weapon can it be all bad?
If I ever sold them on they would be listed as such, but I don't want to bring something into my collection if it's frowned upon or if their value doesn't hold. :)
Is there many people on here that have them and want rid or shouId I leave them alone.
I just want to put together a full carded set on the best condition cards but on the cheapest version so more than likely return of the Jedi cards.
Just a thought

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Here we go again.. been so much discussion about this already :roll: Most people on here myself included wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Some people don't mind them. Not speaking for others but for me it's because it's not factory sealed and the person who made them conned and cheated a lot of people out of a lot of money. He's 100% a dick and I personally wouldn't peddle any of his shitty homemade Mocs :evil:

BA-Sith-Lord

Youngling
I'm new around here - So I'm not going to jump into any Toni related thread, but I will say this...I'm one of the poor suckers who brought into Toni MOC's before anything was found out - So you're be buying them a lot cheaper than I did originally. Personally, if I knew then what I know now, I would never have brought them unless I needed the mint figure to go into my loose collection.
I knew a collector who focused his collection around mint Toni MOC's (Paid a lot of money for them and thought he was getting a good deal) Then he found out about the scandal...he no longer collects because of it.

Cocobean

Padawan
Certainly each to there own however I have to agree with robstyley But I have noticed some people are collecting them as a collection in there own right personally as stated its original or nothing for me oh and I feel this topic may attract a few replys :wink:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
They are all original parts (Bubble,cardback,figure)............so I view these as no different than a resealed figure. These hold a stigma (and rightfully so) due to the fact they came out of a huge scam. They do however have value and I have no problem with them in respect to what they actually are and represented as such.

indianawars

Sith Lord
BA-Sith-Lord said:
I'm new around here - So I'm not going to jump into any Toni related thread, but I will say this...I'm one of the poor suckers who brought into Toni MOC's before anything was found out - So you're be buying them a lot cheaper than I did originally. Personally, if I knew then what I know now, I would never have brought them unless I needed the mint figure to go into my loose collection.
I knew a collector who focused his collection around mint Toni MOC's (Paid a lot of money for them and thought he was getting a good deal) Then he found out about the scandal...he no longer collects because of it.

Welcome to the forum :)

You must be talking about Paul? Poor bloke, he was the first person I thought of when it all came to light. Sad to hear he's given up because it :(

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
You should be able to pick up slightly scruffy MOCs for the same price as a Toni.

I think the vast majority of collectors on a budget ( like me ) would prefer the former. I've only got a few MOC and hey have all been round the block a few times. I love them more than a reseal with a nasty history.

And - hello. :D

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
The seal on Tonis are very weak. The heat activated glue on the back of the vintage bubbles he used has a shelf life, so the ones he sealed later are weaker than the ones he sealed at the start.

In time I expect the bubbles to drop off most of the later sealed ones. As to how long this will take is anyone's guess. The worst of the AFA 90 ones I had from back in 2007 had maybe a third of the bubble lifting by 2014. In another 7 years, it can only get worse.

So in summary, I wouldn't invest any money into new Tonis at this point, especially if the seals have air pockets in them and are showing signs of lifting already.

Cheers Jason

threaders20

Jedi Knight
Hi
Thanks for the replies guys and sorry if the thread rehashes old views. I think ill leave them alone after what I have read. I think the investment side of things to me is important and I wouldn't like to see things that I have invested in over time become less valuable or have the condition worsen.
I think that being new to carded figure collecting, I forgot my patience and also forgot the importance of having a 100% original and complete piece that is the real deal, but the condition of the tonys that I have seen is tempting :oops:
I was looking at a tony palitoy Chewbacca 65 back for £150 and that was why I raised the question, but as the version of the card to me is less important than the condition ill keep looking to see what other things come up :)
Thanks again chaps and all the best, Jonathan :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom