Planning permission

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Well I'd imagine if that's the only issue and other properties have done exactly the same you'd have a great case for an appeal.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Maybe. Though I think some of the wording of the refusal implies that the size is to big...part of the whole 'it must look like an extension' issue they have!

If that is what it means then it goes against their policies so I can't see an appeal being successful

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Sorry to read this, back to the drawing board then. :roll:

Don't know anything about appealing, does it cost anything?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Having watched the odd Homes Under The Hammer :lol: I think you can meet the planning people and go through an outline of what's possible and the likelihood of it being approved and sort of negotiate a compromise. The can't give you a definite answer there and then as they don't make the final decision but at least you could brief your architect.

Your neighbours already have an extension so surely you'd get at least that as they've set a precedent. It can't be out of character with the road if they already have one.

sith-smith

Grand Master
To be fair, I did pop down there and they said certain things wouldn't be allowed.

I was kind of hoping that considering many houses near me have done the same or at least very similar I might be able to pass.

If not I was hoping that there would be advice on what to do, maybe even some negotiation.

Wasn't really expecting a straight flat out no and that being the end!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Really sorry to hear that Gary, that's proper guff.
Surely your architect should have been in contact with them though and could have reworked the plans to meet their requirements?
Looks like outline planning is the way to go then.

yoda

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear that but keep at it. Planning is a pain where I live it's tight also. It's almost getting to the stage where they don't even want a satellite dish up on your house.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Cheers guys.

I'm already in the process of sorting out a new architect. Going to go through the builder who I want to do the work and he has his own architect he uses. They'll do the whole process for me this time and by all accounts (as they have done several friend's houses) they have a good idea how to get things through the council.

It's annoying as the whole things has wasted 8 weeks and I had hoped to start way before the school holidays. If all goes to plan B, then I might not be starting work till September.

Oh well, I have had this place for years looking half finished and all my collection in boxes. Another 4 months won't kill me!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Sorry to hear this Gary. I have to deal a lot with West Sussex county council highways for permitting roadworks and closures. It makes a massive difference if you have rapport with the people who process the permits. Hopefully the change of architect will be able to come to a comprimise that works for you and the council.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Is it usual after failing to get planning permission for various companies to contact you and offer help?

These people must basically lie in wait for planning to be refused!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
sith-smith said:
Is it usual after failing to get planning permission for various companies to contact you and offer help?

These people must basically lie in wait for planning to be refused!

This day and age yes it is normal, ignore all of them.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Ignoring them is easily done!

So with one council refusing me planning permission on my house, another council, where my flat is, are now charging me £5k for building works on the block in which my flat is located!

Bad run of luck!! :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
What a joke although nothing really suprised me, surely you should get paid for the inconvenience!

5k! :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom