Paypal International Refunds

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Recently paid a seller in the US for something. After a few hours of receiving my payment he [allegedly] has a message from "someone" telling him that the item is worth upwards of 3 times what I paid for it. Based on this he issues an immediate refund - why he never checked with me to see if I would pay more I don't know - the refund is pending and has not cleared into my account.

Paypal say the refunds take 4 working days to clear as it is an international deal. He also claims that the money is coming via e-check. In my experience there is no way an e-check should be involved as if he hadn't spent any of my money then the full amount should be as a balance in his account.

So I was wondering if anybody else has some experience with international refunds and could share their experiences especially on the this refund pending timescale. Having a few hundred $ tied up because of a flake seller is very bad on his part and somewhat inconvenient for me.

Josh

Sith Lord
That sucks!What was it, if you dont mind saying of course and was it an ebay item?

plantman

Sith Lord
Thats not right, really he should have to stand by it as its a legal contract, unfortunatley all you could do would be to contact ebay as he has breached contract.

With regard to money it should be a straight transfer back to your account and not an e-cheque

report him and leave him bad feedback...thats all you can do.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
It was a forum sale.

Sellers can pull out of a deal at anytime, whilst that is a minor irritation (especially after you paid! :evil: ), tying up my cash when I did nothing wrong apart from buy the item is a totally separate matter.

There is a faint whiff of BS about some of the things he has been writing but at the moment I do expect to get my money back without resorting to third party help.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's a ****ing pain Andy. Not had that hapen to me, thankfully, but let us know how it works out.
Hope you get your money back!
As a matter of interest is he repaying you including the PP fees that had already been paid?

plantman

Sith Lord
you should claim the bloody interest lost while your waiting for the money to transfer back...its not fair for him to do that but under the distance selling regs there isnt much you can do as long as he refunds you.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
weasel said:
As a matter of interest is he repaying you including the PP fees that had already been paid?

Yes, I covered the fee during payment as was requested so they will be repaid, not sure they will turn up in the refund or if they will need to be paid separately. He seems to think he has paid them with the refund, but I reckon that it is him paying his fee to paypal and it will not be included with the refund - anybody any experience with this?

Had it once happen on ebay when an item was "smashed" during packing, they just refunded, it was only a cheap £12 common ROTJ figure so no problem.

On forum sales had a few sellers withdraw the item for sale during negotiations but never after I had paid.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
plantman said:
its not fair for him to do that but under the distance selling regs there isnt much you can do as long as he refunds you.

I've taken him off my Christmas Card list :wink:

plantman

Sith Lord
ha, go on moonpig and send him a random valentines card from a woman.....his missus would love that. if he has one that is.

not worth the money but it would be funny to be a fly on the wall

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Andy, I'm guessing it's no one on here (at least I hope not), but it may be worth naming them just so people know that this person has a habit of ****ing around on deals.
I understand if you don't want to, at least until your money clears! :wink:

AndyG

Jedi Knight
The refund came through but not the fees. So I'm now having to chase him for the fees.

The seller is spidey_seth off RS for those who are interested.

He doesn't appear to have been online much today and I've had no response to my email from yesterday afternoon.

For anybody else dealing with a similar situation I would recommend that you insist on having the money paid to you and not refunded. International refunds take 4 working days to process - this one took about 4.5 working days to process and is far too long a time to have several hundred $ tied up. An extra $10 for a shipping overcharge maybe but not when the sums of money invloved are sizeable. I paid late Thursday and got my money back early evening yesterday Wednesday (the refund having been made early hours Friday) :roll:

Joe

Grand Master
Glad you got your money back Andy, not the best thing to have happened but I hope recovering the fee's goes well!

Didn't expect the name though.. :?

AndyG

Jedi Knight
There could several reasons why hasn't responded to my email or paid the fees so only fair to assume he hasn't been around for real life reasons and give him some more time...........

Joe

Grand Master
I thought he was one of the "in the know, Judge Dredd" people , friends with John_A, Jedge and Joseph_Y? Just seems strange someone who mingles with that crowd would suddenly decide something was worth more than what you paid for it?

What I mean is , if you know what you have, you don't price it wrong in the first place, and if you are in the crowd that shun the people who **** others around you don't do it yourself, however much money you lose..

Joe

Grand Master
Last post was on this thread 2 days ago by the way Andy : http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vintageebay&Number=3613044&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3612800&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=4737&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3613044

Josh

Sith Lord
I am tipping you were back doored by someone Andy!Someone he knows better than you!
What was the actual item you bought?Was it a Greedo pre Production item?

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Someone who he referes to as a "respected member" told him that the item was worth upwards of 3 times what he sold it to me for. Then he pulled the sale. He didn't even ask if I was willing to pay more - how did he know I wouldn't have paid 3 times what I had paid already?

The item was also from his Weequay focus, strange he didn't know more about the piece...............

spoons

Grand Master
that's pretty low Andy - I've been messed around by Lego Rob on RS before, some of those old timers are pretty rude

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom